Another project

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by LEYLAND, Apr 6, 2010.

1. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

Hey guys, thought I would share another one of my FUN projects with you (as the forum is a little slow at the moment). its not 100% chevy...... but its close.

Bought a 1995 3500HD for the frame (1/4" thick steel), shortened it to 113" wb, removed a bunch of the "extra" supports and misc old mounts to lighten it up, (already had a Dana 60 front axle and a Corp 14 bolt FF Rear), just in the middle of mounting new 1/2 ton springs and installing cross over steering.

Over the winter I found a 32 spline SM465 with hydrualic bellhousing and a NP205 transfer case to go behind an old .040 over SBC I have laying around the shop.

Picked up a 1992 S10 blazer with 305 conversion for misc parts (fuel tank, corvette radiator with ford taurus fans, exhaust, seats, steering column, tires, etc.)

and finally last weekend I brought home a 1949 International KB-1 for the body!! Found it locally for $250.

Hopefully I can get everything together over the next few months and keep my eyes open for a set of 40" tires.... Mud and rocks, here we come:D

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

OK !! Now that's pretty cool !!!!

Keep us updated . . . .

dv

3. johan

johan Member

looks like a fun project .
    keep us posted.and good luck.
    when you around varney give me a call

4. beachcomber

beachcomber Member

nice project, i am also a avid offroader i just sold my yj that was lifted 8 inches with 35' on her. Where in ontario are you, i am in mississauga.

5. 62 short step

62 short step Member

Wow! Thats going to be cool!

6. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

i wanna ride in it!!!!

7. 2tons of fun

2tons of fun Member

thats ok that its not 100% chevy, you are only improving it from all that infierior inter/nat parts ;)

8. LEYLAND

LEYLAND Member

Thanks guys, I didn't think many would like it:eek:. I'm currently livin in Elmira but moving to Palmerston soon.

No real updates at the moment. Removing all the additional suports and old body mounts off the frame and started fabricating new spring mounts for 1/2ton springs (soft and flexy). I'm taking rims for both my trucks (4x4 and my 65 C10) to the blasters this weekend then I'll paint them and mount some new rubber. I also need to drop and replace the 700R4 in my 65 C10, the old one blew last year so I picked up a replacement... My projects are kinda slow at the moment, I gotta fix up the house and get my crap mobile again to sell our house:cool:

More updates later.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010