Truck won't run Fuse blows

Discussion in 'Blazers/Jimmys/Suburbans' started by agb1976, Apr 13, 2010.

1. agb1976

agb1976 Member

I keep blowing the ecm b fuse. Its an 87 suburban 454 fuel injected. Its seems ths fuse supplies the fuel to keep it running. When the fuse blows everything else works it just quits running, first while turning right only and now I cant go more than 10-20 feet before it blows. Fuel pump bad?? Brain?? Short?

Any help would appreciate

THANKS

2. drabo

drabo Member

So it started when you made right turns? Check the harness' near the steering column. It sounds like a wire has been chaffed by the column.

3. agb1976

agb1976 Member

Yes is starts and was only blowing the fuse while turning right but now it wil run at idle for 5 minutes then blow or if I put in gear it blows within 3-5 seconds of driving.

4. agb1976

agb1976 Member

I happened to find the short in the drivers door. There happened to be a kill switch or fuel cut off switch hiddend behind the carpeted part of the upper door panel. The wiring was exposed to the metal in the door so I guess when I hit a bump or moved the truck it would short out. Last two days have been better, I will move the kill switch under the dash and islolate it from any other metal or wiring.