outside mirror bracket??

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by tomdownes, Sep 13, 2002.

1. tomdownes

tomdownes Member

This is my first post. Hope someone can help. I will be attaching outside mirror arms. I understand I will need some sort of bracket that attaches to the "inside door area" and this is what the screws bolt into. Where can I find those 2 parts, left and right side?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    tom

2. David

David Member

Welcome to Chevy Duty!!!
    On the drivers door, there should be 3 holes close together in a triangular shape. The passenger mirror was an option at the dealer I have been told. On mounting the one on the passenger side, you'll have to "eye ball" it with the drivers side mirror. If you want I could send you some pics of my 62's mirror how it's mounted on the drivers door. (for reference)

David

3. tomdownes

tomdownes Member

Thanks for the response. My door does not have the "inside Bracket" that the mirror arm is supposed to bolt into. My chevy currently has the smaller mirror which is attached closer to the door handle, and no mirror on the passanger side. Any ideas?

4. 57heaven

57heaven Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-02 AT 06:19 PM (CST)]:) howziit Tomdownes!

when i first bought THE PINK LADY, it had a peep mirror on the driver's side, that wasn't peeping anywhere! LOL!

firstly, i relocated the mirror(clamp-on type), from the front(near the vent window) to the doortop.

now, i could SEE the mirror, but only if i squinted and focused hard, and the sun wasn't behind the mirror.

the mirror was too small, and did not allow door adjustments, so i mounted it atop my computer desk.LOL!

being that i did not want to drill any holes in my door, i bought a larger(6-inch) clamp-on peep mirror, and mounted it at the corner-bend, right below the vent window.

NOW I CAN SEE!

as for the passenger mirror, i don't have any.

it takes too much time and effort to focus on ANY mirror,so far away(for 'old eyes').

i just look over my shoulder...out the back window. }> }> }>

Myron

5. tomdownes

tomdownes Member

Thanks for taking the time to post a response. It turns out I've found the answer. On my 65 (and all of them I presume) the inside of the door has a bracket that is part of the hinge. The drivers side has the bolts attached for the screws to go into, and the passenger side has bracket only. I problem solved. 150 to go!