1st Car Show

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf Member

This is the 1st car show i have entered in. Had a great time. Favorite moment was a young boy, 6 or so came up and wanted his picture taken with my truck:D His dad says of all the vehicles here, he wanted his pic taken with this cool old truck!!! I loved it. I had a great time I kept telling the people especially with kids, that they can climb into it if they wanted, Im not concerned with scratches!!! Here is my truck:
    [​IMG]

Here is a link to the rest of the pics of the show.
    http://s883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/bwolfy53/52 GMC/

Hope the link works

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

It is always great going to shows that allow the work in progress rides.
    Good to see you have it out and showing it to others.

3. Zig

Zig Member

Looks great, Brian! I'm always dissapointed when I don't see a regular work truck at a show. I know the idea is to show of beauties, but that is in the eye of the beholder, right?
    Congratulations on your first (of many) shows!!!

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

And those are the joys of a REAL truck. I do the same. You either dent these or don't, there are no dings and such. That is why I am not in a hurry to fix the rust holes in my truck, when I re paint it, I'll have to be more concerned with it......but only a little

5. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

passing on the bug to the next generation

Brian - looks like a great day. You will go back to that same show some time later and so many people will come up to you and say - i remember that truck! That little 6 year old is saving coins in his piggy bank so in 10 years, he can have a truck like yours to drive. Congrats on the milestone.

6. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks guys! I was the only beat up truck there!!! But it was so much fun to let the kids climb in and take pictures and honk the horn. It was funny though, I had prolly half the people ask me when it was going to be finished?! And half say you can NEVER paint it, it looks way to cool this way! My answer is always, I just love driving it, and if I ever feel like "finishing" it I will, but for now, I just wanna drive it:D Several people came by and said Hey this is the truck I see driving around! That makes me happy.

7. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

could not agree more.

i remember seeing 3 old original trucks on a semi-regular basis down here in S. Florida and honestly, that is what got me craving my own, not the pretty shiny ones. I really wish i had listened to that craving and kept mine looking just like it did when i dragged it out of the barn it had been in for the past 20 years (sans the bird s#!t). I love that you are keeping yours like it looks and concentrating on the safety and running. One day, you will find the desire or the opportunity to make her purdy, but until then, enjoy!

8. codyfox

codyfox Member

Nice

Very nice ride!!! Have fun with it.....

9. Zig

Zig Member

Making them purdy is NOT a problem.

Well, okay~ You will give up driving it for

a

long

time...

The bright side? It is much like a woman.
    If you leave her as is, you can ride her as long as she'll let you.

But

if you take the time to get to know her~

Explore her in a deep and meaningful way~

Run your fingers over each and every square inch~

You will come away with a beauty that no man will ever take away. You will know every little detail about her. Other men will be envious. Your wife will know there is another woman by the smell of your fingers, but you will not be able to hide your deep passion for the curves of the other...

Got it?

10. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Thats deep, zig. In a dry spell are you?

11. tewSlow

tewSlow Member

Haha

A car show i went to in may had a good number of seasoned and in-progress vehicles even with a small turn out. But a show i went to last weekend has two fields full of cars and i dont remember seeing any and it seemed like they were letting any vehicle in there were a lot of late model mustangs anf there was even a stock chevy colorado on display. Sad in my opinion, just the spirit that eminates from a seasoned vehicle. dont get me wrong, a rotisserie level restoration is amazing to look at and drool over but just doesnt hit me the same.

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

! Shocking !

I can't believe it ! you're so careless and un informed about being a SERIOUS COLLECTOR (note clever use of GMC RED) that you allowed OTHER PEOPLE AND CHILDREN to touch and enjoy your Vintage truck ?! :eek: .

GOOD ON YA !! let the kiddies toot the horn until it breaks then fix it and go again ! :D .

13. Wolf

Wolf Member

Paul that is too funny! I too enjoy the "driver" cars/trucks at shows. The others are so beautiful, but from my opinion why have a beautiful car if you don't drive it!!! I too just have a soft spot for the beat up ugly truck. No comments on the GMC :D:D

Nate I figured that you love that! For me the best part of the show was to talk to people about the Gospel, and have the kids climb in the truck. Just like you said Nate, what is the worse that can happen? My horn stops honking, and I fix it! Plus the look on the kids face when you say you wanna climb in? Is just priceless! Puts a smile on your face. My wife and I were sitting in chairs in the bed for half of the show! ;)

14. Zig

Zig Member

Never dry~

I don't know~ I just started back on my truck and found out once again, how much I *LOVE* those rounded fenders! :rolleyes:

BTW, I forgot to tell the reader to read what I wrote using a French accent when you get to the "The bright side?" part.
    It REALLY spices it up, no? :D

15. Wolf

Wolf Member

I got ya! French accent, like pepe le pew! That romantic skunk! What a great cartoon!

16. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Paulie's Poetry

Re-posted just in case anyone missed it .