It runs !

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by vwnate1, Aug 26, 2010.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I buttoned it all back up and it lit right off and idles smooth , after it warmed up I adjusted the carby and took a little test drive , it's nice like it ought .

Last night I took it out again and the radiator sprung a pinhole leak so I ordered up a new one to-day , $105 for the plastic tanks & aluminum core one , I hope it'll work as well as the 34 year old Delco one does .

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

Seems the plastics are working better than ever these days, glad to hear the truck is running better now.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

It Drives Nice Too !

Yes , this new radiator has one row of 3/4" wide tubes and it now runs cooler than it did before .

To-day Jr. and I hopped into it and drove out to Riverside , Ca. where Riz gave me a '58 Task Force front axle complete , I'll yank the Bendix brakes off it for my '49 3100 and toss the springs & bent (!) axle , tie rods , spindles and all , in the scrap .

It purred right along and when we got back I drove it to the Test Only SMOG Station where it flew through the emissions test ! less than 1/2 of the allowable emissions , that's terrific .

Now , I'll begin attacking the dashboard gauges and dual tanks .

To-morrow I'm going out to walk the outlying Pick-A-Part yards looking for more parts .

4. USA4EVER

USA4EVER Member

I'm glad it worked as supposed to.

I hope that you find what you're looking for.
    But are you looking for a new or used?

If there is anything I can do, please tell me .

<<<<< ready to serve you.