1956 Chevy 4400

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Pearlracefan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Pearlracefan

Pearlracefan Member

I have a 4400 Chevy truck chassis that I'm trying to sell. It needs to be restored, and I have no idea how much it would be worth. Does anybody have any idea what it's worth or how I can find out? I have a picture also.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Value

Location and of course, photos are the first things .

3. Pearlracefan

Pearlracefan Member

Ok, here is a picure of the truck, and the truck is just outside of Higginsville, MO but will soon be in the Kansas City, Missouri area.

Attached Files:

4. lonehorn57

lonehorn57 Member

1956?

After looking at the picture you posted, this truck has all the fender and hood insignia of a 1957, not a 1956.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I Like It !

Good thing I'm far away , broke and have no storage space .

It certainly looks like a '57 to me .

What engine ? (V-8 or InLine 6)

Runs ?

Title ? .

All these Q's will help , Most Big 'Bolts are not worth much , under $500 unless running so don't $pend much $ getting it going but it'll be easier to sell if you do make it run .

6. Pearlracefan

Pearlracefan Member

1957 body

Yes, I love this truck too, but it's just waisting away. When it comes to classic cars/trucks, trucks were definitely my thing!! However, we don't have the money to make it truly nice. We do have the title, and it says 1956, but yes it is the 1957 body style. (I don't get it, but I'm a girl.) =)

Technically is doesn't run because the gas tank is out, but wouldn't take much to get it going. The tank had rust in it, so my husband had it cleaned up. It runs good when we drove it last. It is a straight 6.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

-Evil Temptress- !

STOP THAT ! :rolleyes: a '57 4400 might well have a 261 in it.....

I just bought a third truck and I hardly use my other two , SWMBO is going to beat me like a red haired stepchild if I buy any more junk :eek: :p ;) .

8. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

Since its going to be trailered to KC Area anyway , put a price on it delivered to the Valley Center Area just north of Wichita :D

9. Pearlracefan

Pearlracefan Member

Nate - You're funny!

Cowboy - My husband is asking $3,000 OBO for it. But he is motivated to get rid of it. He wants a fishing boat!

10. Pearlracefan

Pearlracefan Member

I'll ask about the 261, but I don't think it does.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Big 'Bolt Value

I'm sorry to have to mention this but unless it's running , take the first offer of cash at or above $500 you get ~ these trucks are worthless as they cannot be Hot Rodded and good running work trucks like this are lucky to get $1,200 :( .

I know they're fine trucks , I have a '49 Chevy Shop Truck I drive anywhere but few do or will , reality check time,

The doors and cab are the same as 1/2 ton pickup as is the engine , tranny and radiator so maybe advertising locally will help as Task Force doors are popular and in demand .

*IF* it's a 261 the engine might be worth $500 *if* you can pour some gas down the carby and light it off for a few moments to show prospective buyers .

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but them's the fact's M'am .

FWIW , Task Force trucks are popular Hot Rods right now so maybe you'll have some luck with it .

12. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Well nate,

i would have to disagree with you because these trucks are hard to find because everyone scrapped them or took them apart to use the cab,hood,doors,motor, and radiator for ther project trucks.I bought a 57 4400 (MY PICTURE) before some guy was going to do just that and the truck has 12,000 original miles on it.So that truck she has in not worhtless it is a rare and hard to find truck.I know because it took me 10 years to find mine.57 only one year hard to find not all beat to hell as well.

Just my two cents......:D

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
  13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Two Cents Plain

Sadly , rare doesn't automatically mean valuable or I'd be a rich man :rolleyes: .

I know wherof I'm speaking here as I see Big 'Bolts forlornly for sale all the time ~ they simply don't sell .

I think at least the'd make good advertising but no one wants them .

I know all about hopw hard it is to find '57 anything parts .

I'm pleased to hear you saved that _beautiful_ '57 in your avatar ~ I'd love to spend a day working in it...

14. federale

federale Member

Re:Big 57

I gotta agree with Nate here. The big trucks just aren't all that popular. There may be one in a thousand truck fans out there who want one,but the pickups are the hot item.:cool:

15. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

I am Going to Chime In here and say Anything Can Be HOT-RODDED
    it just Takes ALOT of MONEY!!!!!Right Now there Is is such a truck
    in a North Phoenix Custom Hotrod shop Being Tricked Out as a Car
    Hauler,the guy spent $2000.00 On a 58 Dump truck not running
    and in about the same shape as Her Pictured Truck!I am NOT Trying to start something Here But think your wrong to say No
    One wants them,one Mans trash is another Mans treasure!!
    It all Boils down to the Money which Myself and allot Of others
    dont have allot of these days.BUT there are the few and they will
    spend it on a truck like that if they want it.
    Just my two cents,Allen

16. federale

federale Member

Re:

I don't disagree with you that someone out there has a special place in their heart for the big trucks. My first experience with bigger trucks was when my dad worked for a farm implement dealer. Some weekends I got to ride along with him to deliver tractors or whatever. It was fun to be a 5 year old and sit up there looking out at the world. Sadly it was a F**d hauler.:rolleyes:

17. TF5559

TF5559 Member

I have always liked the big trucks, and have been looking for one for over 4 years now. But, I have to agree with Nate-there just isn't that much of a market for the big trucks(almost everyone wants the 1/2-ton SWB trucks). Unlike myself, most guys just aren't interested in these trucks in their stock configuration(stiff suspension, hard tires, very low gearing, solid front axle, etc.).

The aftermarket completely ignores the big trucks, so brake, steering, and suspension upgrade parts/kits are non-existent. The only way to update one of these(and make it more driveable) is to put the body on a later frame.

No offense, but $3000 is steep. If it was a 1/2-ton SWB, sure, but not for a 1.5-ton. I've seen TF big trucks[like this one] in good to very good shape, runnning and driveable for well under $3000(unfortunately for me, they have all been located too far away :().

18. Andlar

Andlar Member

The truck, is it still eksisting? and for sale?

Hi, I was serching on the intrnett for the same kind of truck that I have had
    for years her in Sweden. It is a 1956 firetruck serie 4400 model with low milege on the meater but it have som rust on fenders and so on.

I whuold like to get it on the road again after 30 years of rest. I need a spare part truck(spares), or revers to get this done. are youre truck still avalible?

Regards,

Anders