1982 C30 LB Crew Cab Dually 454

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by fjrmitch, Jul 11, 2010.

1. fjrmitch

fjrmitch Member

I have a little turbo charged project that I'm working on right now, but as soon as I finish I will be restoring my C30 to near perfect condition. I'm not a stock kind-of man so I will be making a lot of modifications to the truck but will not sacrifice the legendary lines of the heavy hauler. It will transition from a 3+3 to a 2 + 3 with some interior customization. I would like to swap the suspension system to something more versatile - such as an air bag setup but I don't want to drop my truck on the ground!
    I like the ground clearance but would like to vary it if I choose. I would also like to use an overdrive set up – such as gear vendors in combination with a serious big block and blower (either a Pro Charger or a roots - single carb). I was hoping to gather some info from this web site to help me make the mods -- can you guys point me in the right direction? Please........

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Flea-Bay

Yep ;

E-Bay is a good source of parts and accessories , new or used .

It can be maddeninly enervating at times though .

3. fjrmitch

fjrmitch Member

Do you have anything that you can share on the forum as an information source? (I'm having a difficult time with the personal messages)

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Flea-Bay Manual Seller

Here's his seller ID : http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&myWorld=true&userid=(loveit)

I don't know how to otherwise connect you with him , I bought item # 8024831880 look this up then look at his other books , he's got LOADS of books he's not yet listed so send him a note and ask .

A very nice guy indeed .

I hope this helps , I wish folks would help me with my Q's..... :(

5. fjrmitch

fjrmitch Member

Nate, what questions do you have? I may be able to help you get answers.
    I will explore the pages you sent me for the book I need, thanks very much for the help.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Un Answered Q's

Just look in this forum and see my queries , unanswered for the most part and it's all basic knowledge for those who know these trucks .

I know the oldies well .

FWIW , this '76 if running *very* well indeed (now) ~ tuning an InLine 6 Banger
    is one thing I can do from memory & feel ;) .

Even SWMBO likes it .

7. fjrmitch

fjrmitch Member

You are a generous person my friend, I will search the forum and see what I can find for you --- as long as it has nothing to do with a 10 bolt dually rear end.:)

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx !

As I was trolling the junkyards to-day , looking for an undamaged right side saddle fuel tank , I thought of some question to ask you to look up , I now forget what though :eek: (Senior Moment I guess) .

The only decent fuel tank I could find , had a 4" hole punched in it by a Yard Ape for easy fuel draining :mad: - I bought it anyways as it came with a buncha ' extras ' and a rally promoter I know who's cars I've fixed etc. (I help anyone on the rallies I go on) , says he'll weld it up for me to-morrow or Tuesday .

I'm stoked ! I guess I'll have to rip into the dead dashboard soon too :rolleyes: .

I cannot sufficiently say ! THANK YOU !
    (note clever use of CHEVROLET BLUE there) for all your help as I cannot seem to get the hang of finding thins on The Internet .