Rear rubber floor mat

Discussion in 'Blazers/Jimmys/Suburbans' started by kieth, Sep 17, 2010.

1. kieth

kieth Member

Before I get blasted I did a search on this thread and did not get any results. I am restoring a 66 GMC Fleetside, I want to cover the floor with dynamat to hold the noise down but still use rubber floor mats over the dynamat. Normally the sheet metal is painted but I would like to insulate it so it is a little quieter. I have ordered the reproduction std rubber mats but I cannot find anything to go from door sill to doorsill under the seat which will match the rubber pattern in the front. Is there a reproduction rubber mat made for the rear of a suburban ?? (that was the widest flattest mat I could think of that might work)

If so I really would appreciate information on where to buy one. Thanks, Kieth Tulsa, Okla 918-446-2245

"Thinking outside the burb"

2. dcsi5919

dcsi5919 Member

Hey Keith. I am not aware of any "back half" rubber floor mats being offered in the aftermarket. I have done the sound mat on several of my trucks, as well as, a few for customers. When I do the entire floor, I also run up the firewall, to the underside of the dash panel, as well as, up the back wall of the cab, behind the fuel tank. I also cover all of the seams with foil tape, for a completely sealed floor. In this case, the carpet kit is the only thing I have found, that covers the entire floor are of the cab.

You might check with:

www.truckandcarshop.com

They may have a rubber floor mat, suited for the '60-'66 Chevy/GMC Suburban or '60-'66 Chevy Panel, that may help you. Let us know what you find out and good luck with your search.

3. kieth

kieth Member

thanks, I was going the dynamat route but decided to purchase 2 floor mats instead of one and will then cut up the 2nd one to cover under the seats and behind, one will only be able to see the outer portion of the floor mat anyway, so I may cover the center with trunk lining material (black) so it is not noticable. The 66 gmc I am doing first is going to be a driver so I want the rubber mats. I also have a 65 chevy that I am going to hot rod, so that one will get the carpet treatment........Thanks for your reply. Kieth

4. kieth

kieth Member

Full cab floor mat

I just found the floor mat that I was looking for, it covers all of the floor, front to back, I may still put the stock floor mat back in if it does not look original enough. found it at

www.raybuck.com

This way I can use dynamat and other insulation and then cover the shiny side up. It will not look totally stock but it will be quieter and retain the flavor of stock. Kieth

5. sandmerchant

sandmerchant Member

1960-1966 suburban floor mats

Kieth, I too am looking for floor mats for my Suburban and happened upon your post. I followed your link to raybuck.com but couldn't find a rear mat for Suburbans. Am I missing something?
    Can you send a pic of the mats you bought?
    Thanks!

6. kieth

kieth Member

I was really looking for a full cab mat for my 66 gmc pick-up, I had not been able to find one until the other day and I posted the link for it. I just thought a suburban mat might work since I could not find the full cab mat. sorry for the confusion. Kieth

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  7. reinaldo

reinaldo Member

rubber floor mat

I'm not sure if this one will work for you but you better check out this cheap floor mats. This one removes the noise from your engine.