Harrison Heater

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ronaldg, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

I baught a used correct harrison deluxe heater for my truck and everything is there exept the cable and i think the water valve are not. what i would like to see is a pic of what the cable looks like and where the cable conects to at the dash and where the water valve conects to i did see a manuel but it wasnt real clear If someone has some pics it would be greatly appreciated thanks a million.My plan is to sand blast and paint the heater with hammer tone paint and check and if needed repair the heater core.I tried to get my other round heater core repaired but they said they couldnt repair it so i figured i would get the deluxe heater witch comes with a square core witch i think will be repairable or replaceable. Any feed back will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Heater

Thanks charles thats exactly what i needed the pics are perfect thanks again. If your ever out in Santa clarita look me up cgarcia77@socal.rr.com or 661-252-5489

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

4. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Heater Cable

I have a spare heater cable and mounting bracket you can have if you want it. let me know I'll send it to you.

Jim

5. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Attached Files:

6. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Heater cable and bracket

Jim I really appriciate your offer and will exept I will send you postage my address is 29522 Florabunda road santa clarita calif. 91387 let me know what i owe you thank you very much.

7. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Heater

Ken deves article will be a great help and thanks charles for your input

8. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Ron, I will get that in the mail to you in the next couple of days. I think I should have a last name to address it right to get it to you. Thanks Jim

9. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Heater

O sorry jim last name is Garcia thanks again and please let me know how much postage is and your address.

10. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Hey Ron,

Got the cable and bracket sent off to you this mourning so you should see it in a couple of days it might get slowed down with the Christmas rush though. Hopefully it will work out for you. So Merry Christmas from MinneSNOWta.

Jim

11. ssnow

ssnow Member

Columbia, Maryland, eventually Lopez Island, Washi

Attached Files:

12. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

13. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

harrison heater ranco valve

jim i cant thank you enough for the cabel and bracket let me know if theres somthing i can help you find or help you with. I try to go to the swap meets out here in calif. on occasion so mabee i can help you find somthing you need and again if you would please send me your address i will send at least the postage.And dead zone trucker thanks for the info on rebuilding the ranco valve.

14. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    I used Deve's article when rebuilding my heater and found it excellent. The hammer steel paint I bought at Lowe's in a spray can, and it worked great. I had a friend who bought another company's and it did not have as good a texture. With a new emblem it was one of the most satifying details of my restoration.

Flashlight

15. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Ron,

I hope it works out for you. The shipping was only a couple of dollars so dont worry about it. Over the years of working on these old rigs other people have given me many many parts I needed. Thats why I save the extra parts so I can do the same. "What goes around-comes around" or something like that. Post a picture when its done and let us know how it works.

Jim

16. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Heater

Thanks again jim and i will post pics when i finish and remember if can help you i would love to return the faver.

17. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Charles,
    When talking about what we have done with the hole in the firewall using a 12 volt motor, are you talking about the fact that the 12v is offset in the hole rather than centered like the 6v? That is what I had to deal with. I don't have a clue why it is off center because, even though the motors are almost exactly the same size, it is not centered. Anyway, if that is the issue, I just cut the rubber sheet (inner tube) to fit and sealed it up anyway.
    Bill

18. ccharr

ccharr Member

Thanks Bill,
    That is what I was looking for, I was thinking about what could be fabricated to fit inside that area and still okay.

19. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Charles,
    As long as you have the round flange that goes on the engine side of the firewall you have it made. I took a piece of paper and made several tries till I got it to fit just right around the motor then cut the innertube rubber to that template. Then just lay the round flange on it and trim around it. Punch your screw holes and it should fit over the motor like a glove.
    Bill

20. TaylorfromMO

TaylorfromMO Member

flange for engine side

but what do I do if I don't have the flange that goes on the engine side