my build veg 2.0

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by para3505, Jan 1, 2011.

1. para3505

para3505 Member

Hi, Just thought I would share my build and see what feed back I get. Its still in progress. I'm putting a Mercedes 300sd engine in a 61 Chevy Apache I acquired. http://veg20.blogspot.com/

2. johan

johan Member

these engines are great. last forever with low maintenance cost.we used a 300D for pulling verry heavy trailers and never give use problems.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

OM617 TurboDiesel Into C-10

Hi ! .

I'm a Mercedes DieselHead too , I took the time to read your blog , no one has commented , that's too bad as the Mercedes OM617 engines are good , robust units that last forever with care and have a HUGE worldwide following .

O.K. , not ' forever ' but 300,00 ~ 500,00 miles and that's a lot .

I posted your blog address to my yahoo Diesel Groups so mayhap you'll get some good comments .

My buddy Nate R. in Tennessee or Henry can give you all the pointers you'll ever need on home brewing fuel cheaply . it's _really_ critical as the engine will run on poorly made fuels but it WILL DIE before long ~ I just scored a killer deal on a Diesel Coupe because the tree hugging West L.A. nitwits ran incorrectly made bio fuels in it and they killed it deader that a doornail , I had to re sleeve the block to save it .

Back to your truck ~ I really like the shortened bed thing a lot . I assume it has the standard GM 3.90 final drive ratio rear end ? .

Keep up the good hard work and posting about it too , I don't get here often
    but I'm keen to see how this works out as I'd love to put an OM617 engine and tranny into a short bed GM pickup for my personal use .

Lastly , to garner responses , always put your name or ' handle ' into each post as well as fix your information so it shows you're in Az.