donuts

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Me likey !

Especially the old 1.5 Ton AD at the very end..... not to bad for a 97 HP babbit Pounder InLine 6 Banger :) .

3. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Great video. My Second car was a '55 Chevy..... followed by a '56. The '56 was a real hot rod. Brings back memories..:D

4. shooter2

shooter2 Member

I really enjoyed that. How come we got around so good back then, ( I was born in 1941). These new cars get stuck to easy. We have about 4" of snow today, scools and some businesses closed. The soccer moms in their 4 wheel drive suv's can't get around without getting stuck.

My old 2 wheel drive ranger and the 49 chevy pu, get around just fine. I think there just wusses.

Jim

5. sonny42

sonny42 Member

Memories

Great video.Thanks for the memories.Winter of'61 we did the same thing.I had a '53 Chevy w/a 235,split manifold,dual carbs and a Isky E2 Revmaster cam and my best friend (now my brother in law) had a '52 Pontiac w/a'57 engine (our first engine swap).We went to the baseball stadium parking lot and did donuts for about a hour until a cop came and ran us off. It was great fun and made great memories. THANKS

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Jim, that's easy to answer! Back in the day, we ran big ol' honking 8 ply "mud grips" on all steel trucks w/ sand bags in the bed for added traction!:cool: None of them sissified wide whites radials:D;) Nowadays, we've got more plastic than metal and you can't get a good bite!

Ah, the good ol' days!

Ken