What do you do?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Steven w

Steven w Member

I'll take (C) Carman welder. Working on rail cars/freight cars. Or (J) for Jack of all trades.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. brit 50

brit 50 Member

List

Well at the moment I'm a gshp and ashp engineer, have been a body shop sprayer, race car builder, hvac man, maintenance engineer, labourer, fork lift truck driver, plus some other things I'd prefer not to mention:D

3. Zig

Zig Member

Don't forget, brit~

You also clean up nicely and will someday own your very own GMC! :D

4. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Water salesman

I sell drinking water to buisnesses all over LA

5. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

M. D. for mud doctor

Mud Engineer for drilling rigs. Oil & Gas.

6. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Lets see what this could be ?

When i whas a litle kid every other kids wanted to be a firefighter or police officer. I wanted to be like my grandad and become an inventor and an machine enginer at the state railway. But as the money for that kind of education whas`nt there i became this;

FFFFFFFarmerboy and Bbbbblockheater (forrestry and lumber sales). We have our own buisness in beautifull Viiiiiking country Norway , also F+B+V. Further carpenter and farmtractor hobby mecanic. F+B+V+C

Psycolegist or shrink , working mostly related to drug addiction and persons with Hyperkinetic disorders ADHD/ADD. The letter M is in its place here "Madman".
    Also F+B+V+C+P+M= anough for now!

Skål martinius.:)

7. ctzr1

ctzr1 Member

I work for the taxpayers of the great state of Wisconsin
    Boiling Water. They taught me how to boil water in the US Navy 30 some yrs. ago.

8. federale

federale Member

Hey I can boil water! Its super easy until it comes to adding "spices".:confused:

9. Wolf

Wolf Member

I 2nd that!!! Brit we need you to come on over here and visit, and you can drive a real truck!!!

This thread is fun!

I will take the letter "N" for Nerd.... Im a Mechanical Engineer. Gradutated Kansas State University. Started out making glass in Pittsburgh PA, now I work for an engineering consulting company. Design systems for power plants, and anything that goes with power and or steam...:)

10. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Wrong

Wrong on two things, I don't clean up good, still look like a monkey in a tux!:eek:

And no! Just no! Not ever! Just don't go there!:p

11. brit 50

brit 50 Member

I spent 2 yrs of my life battling with "Consultants" and "designers" on a house in Regents Park, London (£22m house) Installing a complicated hvac heat pump system, one that from the very start I warned wouldn't work, and after it was finished I had a meeting with the "consultants" their lawyers and their clients, under threat of court action, and sat down in this big intimidating board room, and pulled out a wad of letters and e-mails between myself and all involved stating at various stages along the job that there were major conflicts and problems with the systems and advising of the corrections or alterations needed, and their replies "thanking" me for my concerns but as I was "just" contracted to do the install.....it was a quick meeting;)

Man, that was THE sweetest "I told you so" moment

And the long, silent , walk out of the board room was the icing on the cake,

I love my job some days, not every day, but just some days:D

12. denisf

denisf Member

I am semi retired and a training consultant. Denis

13. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

I'm a Water Treatment Plant Operator. Iwas a assembly line worker for 10 years, and a auto mechanic for 17 years. Hopefully this is my last job, only 7 years till retirement!!!

Jim

14. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Construction

Estimator, currently. I would have been fired :eek: if I estimated how much it was going to cost to bring my truck back to life!

15. skalywag

skalywag Member

Just a lowly A-space engineer. Mostly commercial, but have been quite fortunate during my "career". Looking forward to retirement (could be any moment now-lol),
    Cheers ya'll

16. TaylorfromMO

TaylorfromMO Member

Well I never admit this publicly but I am a high pressure time share salesman.

17. dorcutt

dorcutt Member

Interesting thread. Am a recently semi retired Aero space executive/ avionics tech from long ago. Dave

18. ssnow

ssnow Member

Columbia, Maryland, eventually Lopez Island, Washi
    I think that I might borrow X as a NASA X-ray Astrophysicist, or perhaps R for Rocket Scientist. Sounds impressive but I bow to the knowledgeable folks on this site.

19. bmacdona

bmacdona Member

'M' for miner. I work at a zinc mine in northern Alaska.

20. Wolf

Wolf Member

I have had a few moments like that as well, none that went to court fortunately. I have only been out of engineering school for 5 yrs. So I am a few yrs away from retirement. At least I have my retirement truck ready to go right;)