Rochester 1 BBL Carbies

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by vwnate1, Jan 26, 2011.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A sad day Sunday , I was in a Pick-A-Part junkyard testing electrical parts and as always , I peered into the core barrel and right on top of all those old CPU's , broken Euro Headlights , Distributors , Starters etc. , was a cherry Rochester MonoJet Carby ~ I picked it up and looked at it , no damage to anything , even the throttle kicker (anti-Diesel) Solenoid was there .

This was the fancy Aluminum one they used from the mid 1970's until end of production , it's supposed to resist heat induced warping and this one showed no leaks .

I gently put it back as I have no need of it .

I can remember fighting over useable carbys in junkards many years ago , now , no one m,ake them anymore and no one wants *perfect* factory cores with no air horn leaks..... :( .

2. Roadhazardguy

Roadhazardguy Member

I wonder if that will fit my friend's '64 230 manifold? He still hasn't found one, it just leaks a little gas on the manifold. :eek:

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yes

I've been feeling badly that I left it there , it's prolly crushed for scrap now :(

As I said before , I simply cannot save everything , I have too much junk now I am getting rid of .