It's Cold !

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by vwnate1, Feb 4, 2011.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good thing my trusty '76 GMC C-2500 has a good thermostat and heater....... :) .

It's been in the mid 30*s to low 40*s this week , I can't wait for it to warm up again like Ca. is supposed to be.......

I'll be headng to Wa. State in it in a week or two , it should be a fun & easy trip unless I find ice and snow :( .

2. Melman

Melman Member

Cold in GA

Hey Nate,
    The temp. here has been in the 30 to 40's :mad:also. Whats going on in the world? I am like you when will summer come back. I believe all the US is in a deep freeze!
    I haven't been able to work on my truck. I have everything to put the tailgate together.I didn't want to use old hardware to reassemble. My best friend is LMC truck parts.HA HA...

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Still Cool

I always try to re use original hardware as it's usually better quality .

it's easy to clean it up to ' As - new ' condition using dilute Phosphoric Acid solution....

It is forecasted to 36° F to -night , I drove all day in my Jimmy and was comfy & warm....

4. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

I always try to re use original oem hardware for the most part. But Classic Parts & LMC both have some good parts. But it all was fun :) to go to one of the yards check out for parts.

5. Melman

Melman Member

It would be good if I had the yards to go thru. Most of the junk yards around here have been cleaned up and crushed. Most of the screws I removed were in bad shape. The three phillips head screws that held the tailgate handle were rusty and I even had to remove them with a hammer and chisel. I like the look of clean hardware.
    Believe it made it up to 46* to-day. We had flood warnings last night for west central GA.