Whats your favorite year for truck grills between 1960-1966

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 65dea or alive, Dec 6, 2002.

1. 65dea or alive

65dea or alive Member

2. evers310

evers310 Member

66?

Hey! Where the heck is 66??? x(
    '66 C10 Fleetside LWB 350/350

3. 60 apache

60 apache Member

RE: 66?

I voted for the 60 model but it didn't add me to the list so I tried it again and it said that I've already voted. It's rigged!

4. 63jalopy

63jalopy Member

Hey 60, I'm with you!! after giving my vote ( for '63 of course!!) it didn't register my vote and when I went back in, it said I already voted. I think it it's rigged too. Could someone from Florida be handling the voting?? (how quickly we forget.)

5. verdell

verdell Member

Everyone knows '60 had the coolest grill!!!!!

Verdell
    1960 1/2 ton short Fleet}>

6. 60 apache

60 apache Member

I don't see how the 61 is winning.! Those grills are similar to the 60 but I just don't like the chevrolet in the middle of the grille. It looks alot more professional with the chevrolet in the bottom rail.

7. tkconlon

tkconlon Member

How about a real poll

OK, we all know that this poll is either rigged or faulty. I voted and others have voted and it didn't count the votes. What say we start over? I would like to know the distribution of model years of the folks on this forum. Wouldn't you?

Tom in Steamboat
    '60 Short Fleetside

8. 2PRFXN

2PRFXN Member

The '61 would not be winning if the '66 was included! ;-)

J

9. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

I like 'em all ! ! ! !

I like all years of these trucks! That must be why I'm putting a 60-61 hood and a 60 grill on my '65. Gee, I hope it looks okay! I found a hood today, and I'm going back tomorrow to try to buy it. I also saw a nice-n-shiny '62 stocker today under a bunch of snow. :( I can't make up my mind as to which year is the best, so. . . LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE HYBRIDS!
    --TrustyRusty

10. General

General Member

1966 fleetside

My vote is for the 1966 fleetside as well!

11. evers310

evers310 Member

RE: I like 'em all ! ! ! !

Hehe, I hear ya! I have a 66 but I'm about to buy a 60 short step and swap out the suspension and hood and a few other parts from the 66. I'm not sure yet if I'll stick with the 60 grill or swap out my 66 grill on it. the 60 grill looks to be in pretty bad shape...

'66 C10 Fleetside LWB 350/350

12. 66 CHEV

66 CHEV Member

RE: 1966 fleetside

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-03 AT 01:20 PM (CST)]UMMMM....IS THERE A BETTER TRUCK THAN THE 66???? I VOTE FOR THE 66 FLEETSIDE

13. 66 CHEV

66 CHEV Member

>UMMMM....IS THERE A BETTER TRUCK THAN THE 66???? I VOTE FOR
    >THE 66 FLEETSIDE
    }> }>

14. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

YEah, I understand the grill thing. I found a '61 Chevy hood and grill about two weeks ago at a Pick-N-Pull. I found that both weren't in the best of shape. The hood has a BIG low spot(not really a dent)right in the middle between the two "jet intake pods" toward the rear of the hood. The grill was in better shape but was missing the headlight bezels and the script insert in the middle was screwed up beyond repair. I know a guy who has a nice '60 grill without the headlight bezels or center insert, let me know if you want it. I saw a '61 grill in pretty rough shape (but complete) on EbAy for $200! People were bidding on it too. I tried to polish my grill for an entire weekend to no avail, it seemed the aluminum was too porous-any experience? I think I'm going to have the thing powdercaoted white to match my turn signal bezels. My neighbor also gave me a neat idea for a grill insert, bend one out of stainless brake line and polish it so that it kind of looks like a billet grill on a newer truck. I'll let you know how it goes, until then, LONG LIVE THE HYBRIDS!
    --TrustyRusty :7

15. 60 apache

60 apache Member

Trustyrusty65,

How much does the person want for the grille? I'm starting a collection of 1960 grille's. My girlfriend says that I got to many grille's now but us as men know that she don't know what she's talking about!!! Could you send me some pics of it?

Thanks Alot,
    60 Apache

16. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

Sure apache! When I go back down there to look for some more good stuff I'll take some pics. I don't know how much the guy wants for the grill, but it shouldn't be more than $25, plus you'll have to pay shipping unless you live anywhere near Carson City, Nevada. I can never get a straight answer out of the guy, he always tells me that he has to ask his wrecking yard buddy what a fair price would be before he charges me 1/3 of that price--go figure! This guy also has a complete(no motor or trans)'60 pickup for $400 that I've never seen. I hope to have those pics soon.
    --TrustyRusty

17. 60 apache

60 apache Member

Ok, keep me posted on the grille. I live in VA but shipping is not a problem. I've gotten 2 grille's from calif. and shipping wasn't to bad but it could have been better!
    $400.00 dollars isn't bad for that truck as long as he has a title. Sounds like a way to make a little money to me but it's out of my jurisdiction.

60 Apache

18. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-03 AT 10:37 PM (CST)]yeah, i think all the 60's trucks are pretty sweet, but if we are judging the front appearances, you just can't deny the intimidating look of the 55 & 56. thats about all i like about them. i feel that the 60's got it goin' on body wise, leaning more to the 64-66 models. hope i didn't offend anybody, just personal preference. ;)

by the way i have a 67, so i'll get off your topic, i wasn't invited. :'(

19. Butch60stp

Butch60stp Member

If I read the question correctly its which grill of the 60 thru 66 grills do you like best?. For me that would be without a doubt the 60 model grill. The four headlights, Chevrolet stamped into the shell and the horizontal bars are just clean in my opinion. They look like their smiling.
    Butch

20. hudsont62

hudsont62 Member

Nothing but praise for a 66