door striker

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 51oleblue, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 51oleblue

51oleblue Member

hey guys-
    I went to install the door strikers back in the truck and found that on the passenger side that the two small plates that sit in what seems like 2 baskets ( one top and one bottom) are missing. looking at the drivers side it seems there are 2 flat plates that go in the baskets and the striker screws to them. any idea where I would get them? they don't seem to come with the new strikers. must have lost them when I had it media blasted or in transit back and forth. thanks.
    joe

2. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Shims

Joe I think there called shims there are 2 on each side i also need one i stripped one out iam still using one end of one striker but would love to find another. or possible make one if you have the screw then maybee you could tap and die a piece of metel.I think there is a link when i was looking for one of them and pics you have to do a search

3. sonny42

sonny42 Member

Are you talking about the captive nuts that are behind the door post or the grooved plates that are to keep the striker plate from shifting once it is tightened in place?

4. 51oleblue

51oleblue Member

I think so it appears to be a flat piece that has 2 threaded holes in it. a smaller version of the plate that the bolts thread into for the rear cab mount.

5. 51oleblue

51oleblue Member

sorry behind the door post

6. sonny42

sonny42 Member

Joe ,I have never seen them in any catalog as they had a piece of the sheet metal holding box bent over the threaded plate to keep them from falling out. It will not be much of a problem to cut a piece of 1/4" flat bar to size and drill and tap it. Have fun and enjoy your truck.