61 motor mount / headers

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by GUSTO, Apr 5, 2003.

1. GUSTO

GUSTO Member

Anyone have the U shaped motor mount bracket that bolts up to the front of the block (small block)?I've been looking for a replacement rubber,but been getting differant stories about the bracket.I've been told it's a 6 cylinder mount.Also anyone have full length headers w/ the torsion bar suspension?

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-03 AT 00:16 AM (CST)]I just recently got a set of full length headers for my 61 chevy. I'll let you know how they fit. i know they heddman headers makes a set of full length headers for these years. i got a 283 sbc that i'm rebuilding. i'm looking for one of those mounts that you are looking for. i have the side mounts. you mihgt try the chevy dealer. maybe napa i don't know where you would find the rubber peace.
    cowboy

3. GUSTO

GUSTO Member

Thanks Cowboy,The Hedman's are footnoted on thier site,Not for torsion bar suspension.Please do let me know how your's work out

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

I will let you know but it might be a while be for i get them on. I'm rebuilding the engine. Was that engine mount in your truck when you got it? Or did you find it some where. you mihgt try the local bone yard for a rubber mount that your looking for.
    cowboy

5. GUSTO

GUSTO Member

Yes, the mount was in the truck when I got it.Definitely factory, the frame has recesses for mounting.

6. len michelson

len michelson Member

I've got the u-shape mount in my '61 panel with a 283 v-8, bought the mount at the dealer in '71.
    Been looking for another one for a couple of years, no luck. I've been told that they're to weak
    for anything but a 283, nothing built. Post here or CT if you find a supply.

7. verdell

verdell Member

I have a '60 short bed Fleetside Apache with full length headers on a 307 sb. I'll have to check but I think some modification was involved.
    I've ran the same setup for years in both a '61 and currently my '60. I think my headers are Hookers also.

Verdell
    '60 Apache