1963 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside w/ extras (ZZ4!!!) Merrimack, NH

Discussion in 'Trucks for Sale' started by audioclass, Sep 29, 2009.

1. audioclass

audioclass Member

I am parting with my baby as I no longer have the time or the money to work on it.

1963 Chevrolet C-10 Longbed Fleetside
    This truck has loads of goodies, mostly mechanical items I haven't done ANYTHING with the body of the truck, which needs a good deal of work.

-GM Performance Products ZZ4 Crate Motor (355hp, 405tq) w/ Holley 750 carb. Purchased from MacMULKIN Chevrolet Nashua, NH. I no longer have the alternator/PS pump or mounts that came with this kit. $4739.00

-700R4 Auto Tranny which needs a rebuild (3/4 gears slip somewhat, though still driveable

-4-wheel disc brake kit(slotted & cross drilled) with power booster and 2.5" drop spindles INCLUDED BUT NOT INSTALLED from Classic Performance Parts (About $1800 value)

-Autometer Gauges (Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Transmission Temperature) Trans temp gauge is not hooked up because of the problems with the transmission I had taken it in and out a few times and never got around to it.

-B&M Light Truck Megashifter, ratchet and normal modes

-Hooker Super Competition Headers, dual exhaust into flowmaster 50 delta flow mufflers. All welded no clamps.

-Polished GM Delco-Style Alternator, 100 amps

-March Serpentine Conversion, Silver Powdercoat Finish (water pump, crank, alternator)

-Black Magic X-Treme Electric Puller Fan, mounted to stock radiator which has been tested and submerged under pressure by Willard's radiator service. Temperature operated by water temp at intake manifold, keeps it nice and cool, I have never had overheating problems.

-Russel Steel Braided fuel lines

As the transmission is not in 100% operating condition, I will not count its cost to me in the pricing of this vehicle. Between just the engine and other misc. parts, I have invested over $8500 into this truck in the past 3 years. The motor has less than 1000 miles on it, and was broken in per the factory recommendations. It has been in the garage for about 2 years while I was serving in kentucky, but it has been started regularly and fuel has been stabilized. I changed the oil before putting it into storage, and have used Sta-bil additive for the fuel. I started it up today and took the truck for about a 5 mile jog. Still runs great sounds great and pulls hard.

Now for the issues:

Engine bay needs a good cleaning, one of the transmission fluid cooling lines wasn't tightened up enough and squirted some oil into the engine bay, so that left a bit of a mess.

The engine bay was repainted when the ZZ4 was dropped in, but a couple of areas have bubbled and cracked.

The body of the truck does have some rust issues and has quite a few dents. The body needs some major work. The frame has surface rust, but IS solid.

Driver window has come off the arm and will need to be re-attached

The seat is dead. The truck was owned by an electrical company in CA and it appears that a 350lb man frequented the bench seat. I'm 6'3" and my 5'6" ex girlfriend sat higher than me on the passenger side haha. The seat needs to be re upholstered.

Wood bed needs to be replaced, it hasn't been replaced in the history of the truck. Along with this, the tire-wells are dented and need to be either fixed or replaced.

Bed panels have holes in them from what would appear to be something to do with its electrical-company heritage. Perhaps a ladder holder or some type of mounted toolbox history?

I am completely unaware of the ring and pinion condition, but the truck does have a 12-bolt. It would appear the spacing is off because the carrier hums at speeds over 40mph. I BELIEVE it has 4.10 gearing.

In VERY cold weather (I'm from NH) the headlights do not turn on until the cab has warmed up (simply using the heater fixes this in about 5 minutes). I think this has something to do with the fuse-box, haven't been able to pinpoint it yet.

The horn is disconnected, but DOES work. Steering wheel is aftermarket and the horn setup was causing it to go off for no reason at times and drain the battery.

Truck DID pass most recent inspection, and is drivable, though I wouldn't recommend driving too too far with the transmission as it is.

With the parts included (brand new engine, misc parts, NEW IN BOX brake kit), my total investment is about $8700(not including the transmission as I said since its not in working order).

I am asking for $3000 OR BEST OFFER. This is not a show truck, this is a project... If you have a truck that could use these parts, you are welcome to strip the truck and junk it, but it must go as ONE piece, I don't have the time or resources to part the truck out.

Please feel free to call me with any questions at 603-943-3480. My email address is beau.gagne@gmail.com also.

Please, make an offer. This truck MUST go I simply can't afford to work on it.

[​IMG]

If you can't see the image, go here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4756798&l=0e4e881c23&id=537770556

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  2. audioclass

audioclass Member

Its been raining here in NH so I haven't had a chance to get her out and take more pictures yet. I've had a couple bites but nothing major yet, figure I might be asking too much, so I'm going to drop it down to $4000. I'd really like to sell this ASAP. Any interest at all please PM or call me!

3. audioclass

audioclass Member

This is for sale again. It has pretty much been sitting in my garage since the last time I advertised here. It has been started regularly and driven around the neighborhood and gas station to keep things running but it still needs a new transmission and lots of TLC. Hit me up with an offer if you are interested!

CPP 4wheel disc-brake kit w/ power booster and 2.5" drop spindles is still available and still IN BOX.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. audioclass

audioclass Member

Price dropped to $3000, REALLY need to sell this ASAP.