SecretAudio SST

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by Ruger338, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Ruger338

Ruger338 Member

Just installed this piece of crap bought from this forums sponsor. A couple things:
    1. Picture in catalog is not what you get.
    2. Lasted one day before it locked up and will not reset.
    3. You have to ship it off to California for any troubleshooting help (forget the phone that is a dead-end).
    4. Buy something else, from someone else! Run do not just walk away from this unit.

2. Robert

Robert Administrator Staff Member

Secret Audio

I just checked our Sales records for the Secret Audio for the last 2 years. We have sold 53 units and have had only 1 Return. These are made by Custom Autosound... occasionally we will get a bad radio from them but they are always ready to troubleshoot, fix, or replace a defective unit. Looks like you may have gotten a defective one.

Our catalog does need to be updated but the image on our website is correct. The catalogs were already printed when they updated the design. The new 67-72 and 73-87 catalogs will reflect the new radio design.

If you need any help with the warranty service please contact our sales department at 1-800-741-1678.

3. Ruger338

Ruger338 Member

No help is not troubleshooting:

The troubleshooting help was pack it up and send it back, huge hassle, two week delay in getting my truck back together. Sorry I expected more from the product than this they have a poor rep on the net and I should have checked it better so bad on me. Never again and I am spreading the word, really one day the mute button freezes on the module the entire unit is shut down and there is nothing that can be done. So then tear it all back out and send them both units because they have no solution to offer over the phone.

I reread your post and you can't claim those units over the last two years if this is a new model. The stats start fresh after the change. After reading a variety of posts on other forums it seems the change was driven by customer complaints and design issues on the previous model so I don't have much hope on this one. It is even simple design things like the mute button on the display unit is the same design (look) button as on the remote which powers it on and off. When you use it on that function it shuts everything down and requires you to disconnect the battery to get it to sync back up. I am sorry but this thing is riddled with bad design features and way too many hassles.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011