Leaking Oil Gauge

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Che, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Che

Che Member

Hey Everybody,

Sorry to bother you all with such a novice question. But I have a leaking oil gauge line. The part that leaks is the portion of the line that connects to the gauges inside the cab.
    I've been to every parts store in the area. I've even been to the local Home Depot looking for a replacement, but found no such luck.

Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

You experienced advice is greatly appreciated!

2. General

General Member

Try your local natural gas store. I found a simular connector that normally goes on a gas hot water heater. The dealer had to have the part to look up a replacement but did find one. Hope this helps.

3. Glen

Glen Member

Is it just leaking where the line screws onto the guage? Unscrew the line, put on a little teflon tape (plumbing section at home depot) and put it back together. Just make sure you don't obstruct the line with the tape.

4. tech1

tech1 Member

I would go to a real parts store maybe a NAPA or APA and buy a oil pressure line kit . They do sell them, they are out there.

5. Che

Che Member

Hey,
    Thanks everyone for all your help.

What it was that I need was a new flare nut. The flare nut on the tubing that comes from the gauge had loosened from the tubing and could no longer tighten it self to the tube.

I tried everywhere for a new flare nut of that size including NAPA. My mechanic was able to find an old one, so I used that. But I'm going to have to check out my natural gas store to see if they have them just incase I get into this situation again.

Thanks Again!