Reproduction radio

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by mp8200, Apr 3, 2011.

1. mp8200

mp8200 Member

I'm looking for a radio for my chevy C10 1965.

I want a "reproduction" radio which fits and looks like a original, but with a AUX input.

I have fould some different suppliers on the internet, but dont know which one to buy.

Have any of you bourght one of these reproduction radios? and can you recommment / not recommend some of them?

Hope some of you can help.

2. joek3167

joek3167 Member

radio

Ihave heard to many bad things on the aftermarket radios, ive heard people would not buy if they knewwhat they were getting. You can take a original 1 and have it redone with modern equipment am fm, cd.

3. dcsi5919

dcsi5919 Member

J.U.N.K, is the best adjective, to describe the USA-1 through USA-6 head units. For around the same money as the USA-6 head unit, you can have a factory A/C radio gutted and converted to AM/FM stereo with AUX, for iPod or MP3. I have had a few done and there are several outfits, that perform this conversion. If you are interested, I will provide links to these companies. In closing, I wouldn't waste my money on the aftermarket units. I have the USA-5 & USA-6, out of the truck, back in the boxes and sitting on my shelf, in favor of the converted unit.

4. mp8200

mp8200 Member

hmm thanks - seems like the aftermarket radios insen't worth spending my money on.

@LILRED66 : Sounds interresting, I would really much like some links. My problem is that i dont have an original radio, and don't live in the US (lives in Denmark) so I have to find a original radio on the internet, get it converted and then shipped to Denmark.

5. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

Toni I'm interested in those links and if you would post them I would appreciate it. Thanks.....Big Tim :cool:

6. dcsi5919

dcsi5919 Member