Transfer Case Knob and Boot

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by bk65, Jan 31, 2003.

1. bk65

bk65 Member

I've been e-mailing back and forth with some of the rest of you 4wd folks from this forum about the transfer case knob and boot. I've lost track of your e-mail addresses so I'm posting my lastest findings here.

Found half a dozen 60-66 k10's on a trip through Idaho. All of them had blank transfer case shift knobs so I'm guessing that's what they came with. Three had what appeared to be the factory boot. The transfer case boot wasn't a boot but a flat piece of rubber with a slot cut in it. It was held in place with a round ring with four screws. One was in really primo shape and where the transfer case lever came through the 'seal' in the 2wd position, it had a round hole with a small lip around it. The other positions had no such hole.

Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. Sorry. If anyone has any other info or pictures about these parts, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Hi bk65 -
    Big Dave here. I just purchased a '65 K20 from the original owner. The knob on my transfer case is smooth. There is a sticker in the cab above the center of the windshield that depicts where the shifter is. That must be the only point of reference as the truck is completely original right down to the rust.lol. As far as the boot goes, I really can't help much as mine is chewed up and needs replacing.:D