New before and after photos posted

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by parkbro, Jul 4, 2011.

1. parkbro

parkbro Member

2. jarhead 69

jarhead 69 Member

Daaaaammmmmnnnn dude

Aint she purty!! You did good bud!!:D

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Looks very nice. What did you end up doing for heater controls?

4. parkbro

parkbro Member

Heater Controls

I have the Economy Style Heater Control (Push/Pull, Turn Knob), I removed my
    cigarette lighter and moved my heater control into its slot.

5. markeb01

markeb01 Member

That turned out incredibly beautiful. It just looks perfect.

6. parkbro

parkbro Member

Thanks Guys for the compliments. It was fun when when I first started the restore. But the fun quickly turned into work, trying to complete and get it back
    on the road. I can say it is probably my first and last restore. Working out of a garage make things a bit more difficult than if I had a Workshop. Began tearing apart in Oct. '08, Cab complete July '09 and bed complete and installed July '10.
    I was thankful when I purchased the truck it was 95% complete/original even though it had passed through (7) prior owners.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  7. grayhitandmiss

grayhitandmiss Member

Radio?

Nice Job Parkbro! Hope my 64 turns out as nice.
    Notice that you have an aftermarket radio in
    your truck. I'll need one soon.
    What kind do you have, did it fit the dash
    without cutting it, and how's the quality?
    Thanks, Tom

8. parkbro

parkbro Member

Radio

Thank you Tom for the compliment. Concerning the aftermarket radio, I had no choice but to fill the hole a prior owner had cut into the dash, in doing so he removed the original mounting area. I would have preferred the original AM Radio for authentication and would have mounted (hid) an aftermarket in the glove box. If your radio location is still in tact and you would prefer something other than a AM Radio there is Reproduction Radios available that offer AM/FM with CD Changers that gives you an original look with the benefits of premium sound.
    As for the aftermarket radio I used (understand you would have to cut an opening for it) It is a Pioneer AM/FM CD which came as a bundle with (4) 5 1/4" OD Speakers. I mounted (2) speakers in the rear on either side of the seat and the remaining (2) I fabricated a bracket and mounted them together underneath the dash at the factory speaker location.

9. grayhitandmiss

grayhitandmiss Member

Radio

Thanks for your reply. The radio hole in my dash is "untouched", so I don't want to cut the dash. I understand there's radios that fit our trucks, but haven't read anything "good" about them. Also read that there's outfits that will take your original am radio and retro-fit it with modern components, but my truck had no radio.
    Would love to hear from others on what they did.
    Thanks, Tom

10. markeb01

markeb01 Member

That's where I'm at. My GMC was far from my first restoration, but definitely my last. I tore it completely apart for paint back in 1998 and it took an entire year to get it finished and reassembled. And a lot can happen when something is apart for that long. I enjoyed it at the time, but I find having it finished (relatively speaking) is a lot more fun that the rebuilding process.

11. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Very slick. I am surprised the cable was long enough? My truck also has the economy heater and I relocated my control when I put a '67 Camaro dash in the truck. I had to make the electrical leads longer, and the cable was just barely long enough.

[​IMG]

12. parkbro

parkbro Member

Slick

No I'll tell you what's Slick....that is fitting a 67 Camaro dash into your C10...love it! I shared your build modification with a good friend of mine, he's a Camaro addict and we both like all the modifications you've done. I can't wait, as I'm sure you are, to see the end results.

13. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Thanks. It's been a lot of fun.