Rear Tail lights

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by coryk, Jul 4, 2011.

1. coryk

coryk Member

What i have is a 66. I bought the universal blinker switch and i have blinkers but no tail or brake lights. the wires are correctly hooked up i did the same on my 63 and worked great. The white wire coming from my headlight switch that goes to the brake switch has no power when i turn the switch on or off. Could this be a bad headlight switch?:confused:

2. coryk

coryk Member

ligghts

Well i jumped power to the white wire from battery and they come on bright. So im thinking light switch.

3. coryk

coryk Member

New Switch

Well the new switch didnt work. Can any one help?

4. parkbro

parkbro Member

Grounding

I found out early that most of my electrical problems stemmed from poor grounding. In order to get my rear lights, both taillights and backup light, to work properly I purchased a short battery cable (18") and using self tapping screws I attached one end to the chassis and the other end to the rear bed channel that is located directly underneath the tailgate.(mine is a Fleetside bed)
    If you have a Stepside bed I'm sure you can find a spot to attach. The main thing you want is make sure the bed is grounded to the chassis.