Let The Fun Begin!

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by JSW, Jul 4, 2011.

1. JSW

JSW Member

Hey Ya'll,
    Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Jay from Alabama and this is my 1st rebuild. Picked up this sweet 56 in april. A little cancer, but mostly dermatitis. Just now beginning to tear it down, going to go all the way to the frame. Keeping the 235 and most of the suspension. Not looking for a show truck. Working for a daily driver, mostly original, but willing to add some creature comforts. I've been lurking for a little while and really like this forum. Anyway, looking forward to sharing.
    J

Attached Files:

2. drivea55

drivea55 Member

Very doable J. I remember you said that you were doing this in the driveway. Well, be prepared. I've got my two car garage cleared out for mine, but I need more space for all of the parts coming off :confused:
    It's amazing how many.

3. steve

steve Member

J

J,

Very solid looking truck, nice find, good luck keeping it stock, once you start adding the creature comforts, then it all starts to unravel like mine, started with an automatic trans, then power steering and then air.
    But great start and good luck!

4. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

Bitchin!!! It's like a blank easel and you're the artist.... Big Tim :cool:

5. JSW

JSW Member

Thanks for the Welcome!

55, yea I know, I haven't taking anything of significance off yet and I am already looking for space.
    Steve, what have you done to you ride so far? I will definetly be putting in pwr steering and AC.
    BigTim, I feel exactly as you do, a beauty looking for that extreme makeover! Thanks again guys!
    J

6. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

Wow,
    Nice Truck,Very Strait Looking,Looks Like a Great Foundation To Start With.
    Good Luck with Your New Project!
    Allen

7. JSW

JSW Member

Appreciated AZ58, This truck was parked in a driveway down the street from me when I moved in to this home in 2005; I drove by it most every day and it never moved. I kept saying I should stop and ask but never bothered.... One day in April I got a wild hair you know where and stopped. The rest of the story is being written as we speak! I look fwd to asking and answering with you guys. Love this forum!!

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome jay !

That sure looks like a good 'un .

I like the pinstripe .

What tranny is in it now ? if it's a three on the tree maybe an overdrive ? .

9. JSW

JSW Member

Hey Nate,
    Yes it's a tree w\3. I'm going to try my best to use as much of the truck as possible to complete the build. Got the bed off this week and it looks very good underneath. Starting the demo on the interior today.

Thanks
    J

PS If you don't mind me asking, What's the VW represent?

10. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

DEMO is a harsh word to use when your restoring a truck like yours.Disassemble maybe a better choice of word don't you think.(LOL)
    Have fun
    Bobby

11. JSW

JSW Member

Hey Bobby,

I stand corrected, actually I'm sittting & having a couple of beers because it sure felt like demolition out there today.... But I get your drift.
    Looks like I will have to do some work on the firewall, one of the previous owners cut the heck out of the passenger side to put in a heating unit. More work to do...... Ain't it Great!

All & any input is appreciated!

J