New guy in Pensacola

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by LDO, Jul 8, 2011.

1. LDO

LDO Member

Hello everyone. New guy here. I'm sure I'll be asking tons of questions but here's my intro..

I've got a 57 3100 (pictures comming soon) in my garage. Bought it off a fella in Arizona so she's in pretty good shape metal wise. All stock with a 283 (original V8 truck) please don't make fun of my wheels when you see them!:D So far I've redone the interior, seat will be back from shop next week. Installed an under bed fuel tank and redid bed with new wood and strips/hardware. New radiator, water pump, weatherstripping, fuel lines & pump and I'm currently installing a new Rebel wiring harness. Have new Dakota dash to install then hopefully she'll crank up and I can enjoy her for a bit before working on future mods!:D

I'm active duty USMC stationed in Pensacola.

2. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

Took One Out Of My Back Yard Did YA! I See How You Are!!!
    Sounds Like A Nice Truck! Welcome & Have Fun
    Allen

3. JSW

JSW Member

Welcome

Hooooah Marine!,
    No that wasn't a mistake, I'm retired Army!! First off THANK YOU for your service!! Second, you've got a lot done for somebody just getting started. Welcome and good luck with your project!

J

PS I'm in Huntsville, Al., so if your headed this way give me a heads up, We can share a beer and tell some lies about trucks and serving Uncle Sam!!

4. LDO

LDO Member

Here is a pic the day I brought her home.[​IMG]

Bed wood before...
    [​IMG]
    Not bad for my first bed wood job. I figured I got about 4.5 hours on each board...lots of work for sure...but well worth it...
    Bed wood after...
    :D[​IMG]

Some interior work..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my pusher fan and trans fan...
    [​IMG]

Never get rid of your old bed frames, they are free steel and pretty strong.;)

Sorry the pics are a little out of order ive got tons more I will post later. Rather be in garage than behind computer...lots of work to be done.
    This weekend I need to drop my fuel tank for the umpteenth time to run my wires and verify float position before adding fuel.
    Hope everyone has a good safe weekend.

5. LDO

LDO Member

Posted some pictures in a reply but I can't see it for some reason???? What gives??

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome marine !

This is a good place for old truck lovers .

Keep at the picture thing , I had the devil of a time with it too .

7. drivea55

drivea55 Member

Welcome LDO,
    What's your name my friend? I'm new too, and no where near where you're at. Unfortunately, I got started with disassembly before my shop was completely ready. So, I've stopped until I've got everything in place, including all of the honeydo projects I have to finish. Gotta keep the wife happy, so she'll be okay with my new affair ;).
    Anyway, I had the same issue with posting pics. I browsed for them, picked the ones I wanted, and then forgot the final step, of downloading them. Might be the reason.
    Woody

8. JSW

JSW Member

Hey LDO,

SWEEEEEEET!!
    Looks like you got the picture thing figured out. She's a beauty! Now how about showing us what's under the hood? Drive on, Drive on!

J

9. LDO

LDO Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Name is Bob and I have adjusted my sig block too.
    Here is an old pic of the 283. Nothing too fancy but i will freshen that up in time.
    Wife wants a crate zz4! Who says women dont belog in the garage ha ha.

I hear ya on the honey do lists though....after so many years of deployments the wife is surely making up for it now...:eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  10. babailey

babailey Member

First:
    Thank you for your service.

Second:
    Your truck looks very nice so far. I am jealous of the interior work you have done. I want to get going on my interior but I need to get the IFS and AC installed first.

I intend for this truck to be my daily driver when my current lease is up in April. So, I have the time but not all of the required parts yet. Plus, I live near Dallas so it is way to hot to work on the truck right now.