parking brake

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by thedutchman, Jul 26, 2011.

1. thedutchman

thedutchman Member

I am restoring a 59 chevy apache that someone took completely apart. I am trying to figure out the spring on the parking brake assy (front) in the engine department.

2. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

Look at some of my previous post on my ower steering conversion and you'll see some pictures of the E-brake assembly.If you can't find the posts let me know and i'll re-post them.
    Bobby

3. thedutchman

thedutchman Member

Couldn't find them. What I am doing is a factory restore of this truck for two very dear old ladies. It belong to their husband / father. Also trying to get donated parts to put it back together. Freinds tried to strip it down and restore it, but both the friends and some of the parts are missing.

Attached Files:

4. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

I used the stock E-brake assembly so i know the picts i have will help you out. I post pictures up for you when i get home from work.

Bobby

5. Bobby 57

Bobby 57 Member

I hope these help you out . Couldn't find my camera to an under the hood finished E-brake assembly
    Bobby

Attached Files:

6. thedutchman

thedutchman Member

I'll take some pictures this weekend. I'm not seeing that spring in your pictures. It's V-shaped and attached to rod between the bracket. It'll be sunday or monday before I can post it.

7. thedutchman

thedutchman Member

i checked into it. It was a hanger for the brake hose.

8. Tomw

Tomw Member

Parking brake with rack n pinionHELP!

I installed v8 with the Rack n Pinion I'm trying to save the old e-brake handle. Where the new front end is welded to frame,the old mechanism for brake was removed. Can someone share with me how they have reconnected it thank you