Windows and the rain

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Wilson0261, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Wilson0261

Wilson0261 Member

I hope someone has an answer or can help me out. Everytime it rains, my door seems to fill up with water. I don't want that water to be there so I can keep it in good shape. I guess what I'm looking for is that rubber weatherstrip that you find on the new cars that prevents the water from running into the door. I have come up with empty leads as I have searched the web to find something like this. I have the anti-rattle kit that keeps the window from making all that noise. Am I wishing for something like this or just not looking for it in the right place???????

Thanks,
    William
    Dallas,Tx
    1961 Chevy Apache 10 Short Stepside

2. enrique

enrique Member

You should have drain holes in the bottom of your doors to rid the water. Perhaps they are plugged up.

3. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

As far as I know these trucks didn't come with any sort of rubber at the bottom of the window, only the felt stips that keep glass from rattling around. Enrique is right about the drain holes in the bottom of the door. The drain holes in the door on my truck were plugged up with dirt and pieces of the coating that Chevy sprayed in the door at the factory. It falls off eventually with time or when the door gets dented, and gravity dictates where it goes. Clearing them out may necessitate taking off the door panel and vacuuming out all the dirt and crud in the door bottom but should be no big deal.