Ol' Chebby?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Just checking to see if you are alright. Hopefully all that were in the way of the big bad storm are alright.

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Sunny and Hot here. Spent the weekend at Autofair showing the truck, huntin parts and working on the sunburn. Not a cloud in the sky!

Thanks for the concern.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Whew !

That's a relief Russ .

I talked to my Boston area buddies , all said it rained heavily but not bad like the hurricane of 1960 that I stupidly watched through a plate glass window :rolleyes:

4. sonny42

sonny42 Member

THE hurricane came ashore about 5 miles from here.The water was about 4' above normal.It was about 8" in my shed which is closeset to the water.8''under the house.only 1" from getting in the shop.Lost a lot of shingles,hopefully enough for a new roof.LOst some siding and a gable vent.Some of my neighbours got flooded.Lots of water and wind damage in the area but no loss of life.Down side of water front property.85 mile per hour sustained wind for hours and gust over 110.Lots of cleanup ahead.Nothing that can't be replaced or repaired.Lost power for about 48 hrs.

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Hows your truck???

6. 3/4 gmc 1952

3/4 gmc 1952 Member

Unfortunately the storm has kicked the crap out of Vermont and western New Hampshire. My parents are stranded in about a 3 mile area with miles of roads washed out all around them. The area has one main road, or I should say had. No power, no way to leave and only one tiny little spot where a cell phone can get signal. Talked to them this afternoon and they are safe but no telling how long they will be stuck there. Only way to get out now is by helicopter or a very dangerous miles long hike. I couldn't find a way to get to them but there are a couple neighbors all banding together like good Vermonters do. Cross your fingers if you would that we can get them out soon.

7. sonny42

sonny42 Member

All vehicles okay.A/c quit yesterday.When I get discouraged,I just look around and see someone in alot worse shape.and count my blessings.I just hope that Jason gets his parents out okay.

8. 3/4 gmc 1952

3/4 gmc 1952 Member

My parents are out and spending a few days with us. I was able to get in to see them after doing 12 hours of relief work helping friends and neighbors in my old home town. A big mess but no loss of life or major injuries.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011