GMC/Chevy AD parts available

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by spika, Jun 9, 2011.

1. spika

spika Member

I've got an impressive pile of good stock parts off my 52 GMC 3/4 ton that were replaced when I upgraded to more modern. Will make heckova deal on any of these for anyone staying original:

228 Engine...runs good
    Complete front axle assembly
    Complete rear axle assembly
    4 Speed transmission
    17" wheels
    Heater assembly
    working 4-Gauge unit (Speedometer not available...quit years ago)
    Drive shafts w/carrier bearing
    Steering column
    misc parts...email if you have a particular part you are needing.

All located in central MT...will palletize and ship if desired.

2. Elky67

Elky67 Member

Heater

Hi spika,

might be interested in your heater, if it is still for sale?
    If so, i would appreciate a photo of this unit, as mine is missing all the internals,
    i only have the outer sheet metal, that attaches to the right inner cowl.

Thank you very much for response.
    Greets Elky67

3. spika

spika Member

Hi Elky-
    Yea, it should be all there. Not sure the condition of the core; it may or may not be leak-free. I'll try to get some pics in the next day or so and get them to you...
    Tom

4. 3/4 gmc 1952

3/4 gmc 1952 Member

Hey Tom, Do you still have the engine, trans and steering column? Any idea what you want for them? Any guess what shipping that much weight to New Hampshire would cost? I have been thinking a lot about trying to get this old G on the road and I think i want to stick with the original 6 banger. Also the teeth on the top of my steering column are buggered up too much to get the wheel on. TIA
    Jason
    ps. I had a 350 i was going to put in but it is junk. Good learning experience though.

5. spika

spika Member

Elky, sorry I haven't gotten those pics yet...been awfully busy the past couple of weeks, and am at a conference in Milwaukee right now...won't be back home until next Wed or Thurs, but will try to get you some pics asap.

Jason, yes, all three should be good to go. The engine was running just fine as of 3-4 years ago, and I would expect it to light right off when installed and run good and strong. Transmission didn't give any problems, and has a PTO attached as well if you are interested in that. Steering column should be fine. We'd need to just get a freight quote on a probably 5' pallet with an approximate weight...can you get me your zip code?

6. Elky67

Elky67 Member

No worries

Hi spika, no problem, just take your time, i´m not in a hurry for these parts,
    there´s plenty of other stuff to be done, before i need the interior stuff.

Thanks anyway for remembering me...;)

7. spika

spika Member

Hey Elky...here's a couple pics of the heater and core...looks like the core should be usable...may need a bit o' soldering if there are any leaks, but seems to be good...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That last pic is of the control assembly...you'd probably want that too. What would be the shipping address? I can try to get a freight estimate...

Jason, I PM'd you with some pics of the engine and tranny...forgot to shoot the steering column...

8. Elky67

Elky67 Member

Lookin´ alright...

Hi spika,

thanks for the pictures, the postcode is 87509 Immenstadt, it´d be nice, to get
    a quote first, before this deal is done, just in case the freight is more, than the parts would cost new:eek:

Thanks again so far, just let me know, the total, and we go from there...

9. spika

spika Member

My thoughts exactly. I'll see if I can get a UPS quote...not sure what hoops will need to be jumped through for export/import duties. Hopefully won't need to go through any freight forwarder. Why don't you PM me with your direct email and we'll pick this up from there...
    Thanks-
    Tom

10. sweet70beast

sweet70beast Member

If I was closer I wouldn't mind having the engine for my GMC Burb.