What's wrong with this picture???

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Purec4, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Purec4

Purec4 Member

54 floor 020.jpg

Decided to have some fun and fix some rust in the door wells!:eek: Fiberglass doesn't run this way!.. Not to metion work out some frustrations. Turn it back over on it's bottom tonight when I get home. At least now with a little primer I can get it back on the chassis and start work on the doors and fenders until a buyer shows up.

2. Wolf

Wolf Member

very cool. Looks like you are doing it right! I will be looking for progress pics and the finished product some day.

Fun pic;)

3. Purec4

Purec4 Member

Trying to stay positive. Turned it back over and placed the seat in it.... Sat there looking out where the windshield should have been wondering if I'll get to drive it or someone else. Looking into some different help for the hearing problem... Hoping I'll be able to keep it if they work. Anyway do small things untill then. Paint the dash tonight.. :) I hope.

4. Zig

Zig Member

There you go! I doesn't cost money to just have it hanging around, right? In the mean time, you are doing it the same way I am. Whatever/whenever. I'd love to be able to get it all back together NOW, but I learned a while back, that just ain't gonna happen. But *someday*... :rolleyes:

(I just hope that next summer is nothing like this last summer was, heat wise!) :mad:

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Atta boy !

You're displaying the right attitude , baby steps will get you home sooner than you think and the meditative aspect of doing the job , will help your overall mindset as life throws it's curve balls at you .

I too am profoundly deaf but I get by , worked on the undercarriage of my '59 Metropolitan FHC late into the night last night , felt good to finally clean up and crawl into bed , knowing I'd done my best...

I wish I could do body work as you can , I have nothing but time ...

6. Purec4

Purec4 Member

Nate, I have no training in body work, just a desire like you to do things. It is a great escape for me as the kids are now grown for the most part. One in Jr college for another year then on the Tech school away from home. Deaf now, be really quiet then!:D But I'll plug away and play it out how ever it comes. Thanks for the support,

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Deaf

here I was happily driving my new old '69 C/10 home to L.A. from Dallas and thinking how nice and quiet it was (I hadn't fixed the radio yet) , after we got home , my big Brother's E-Mail mentioned how noisy these old trucks Nate likes so much are.... :confused: .

:D

:p

8. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

PureC4,
    Check your PM. I sent you one yesterday.
    Bill