Best $150 ever spent

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by big_dog, Jun 22, 2003.

1. big_dog

big_dog Member

I bought a 1965 LWB Fleetside Custom, saturday. Best $150 ever spent. It has every thing on it, from the chrome front grill to the cool arm rest on the doors. This truck had ever avaible option on it, but an automatic trany. Im going to put the bed, grill and other chrome and aluminum piece on my bone stock 66 LWB step side. If any of you men out there need fenders maybe a door or something, let me know, ill take some pictures of it and make you a HUGE DEAL!

Big_dog
    65 fleet
    66 step

2. WhiteFly

WhiteFly Member

Where is the truck located??

3. USMC71

USMC71 Member

Hey, dog. I would be interested in the doors. Drop me a mail or leave
    me a number I can call you at. Thanks, Jarhead.

4. big_dog

big_dog Member

The only thing that is for sale, door wise, would be the driver side door, but there isnt any door glass, the other door is going to be put on my 66. my email address is big_dogdaddy1@hotmail.com if you have any questions, and the truck is resting in my back yard, in lufkin texas.

5. tkconlon

tkconlon Member

Yo Big Dog,

What is the rear end ratio? I'm looking for a 3.08 or maybe a 3.30.

Tom
    '60 Short Fleetside

6. big_dog

big_dog Member

3.73 ratio, but i do have a 3.07 ratio 12 bolt.interested?

big dog

7. LongFl63

LongFl63 Member

I am looking for some fender If you still have them my two are rusted in the lower back section on each if yours are reletively rust free I could use'em. my email address is my63chevy03@yahoo.com

8. lonolan

lonolan Member

I could use some wiring.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Hey Big_Dog -

This is Big Dave. Looking for a decent set of front fenders.
    Preferably no rust. Have a '65 K20 I want to restore. Front fenders are yuck! Also looking for the clock acc for the dash and also the tailgate w/hardware. Please let me know what you can do. you can send me pics @ drtmnt@aol.com

Thanks guy, Big Dave.

10. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

Hey Dave welcome to the forum! I was wondering if you lived in Minden. I saw your profile said Reno on it and I was wondering if you might have been approximating you location. I live In Carson City and was wondering if you might be the Big Dave I'm think of--the one who gave me the hood. If you're not, sorry about the mistake, but either way: welcome to one of the best forums on the net for our trucks!
    --Russell:7

11. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Hey trusty -
    No, I'm not the same Dave. No problem for the mistake. I live in N. Reno. I've been checking out alot of sites and this one seems to be one of the better , if not best, of them. Thanks much for the welcome!
    Keep on truckin'.;-)

12. jedsdad

jedsdad Member

If this truck has everything, does the steering wheel have the "ring" style horn or just the center bumper? Don't know if that's what its called but its has a half circle band around the bottom of the steering wheel.

I have a '65 C10 that has the remnants of the horn button with the band broken off. Don't know if its a retrofit or original but I'd like to replace it if you have one. I've been looking around and have been told this horn ring only came in '66 model trucks.

Thought I'd ask.

13. E Avery

E Avery Member

Is the cab a big back window cab thats rust and dent free

Im thinking of bilding a 66 chevy 4x4 with an 85 4x4 frame

14. Ripperman

Ripperman Member

>3.73 ratio, but i do have a 3.07 ratio 12 bolt.interested?
    >
    >big dog

I'm interested in the 3.07. 12 bolt. And a right front (drivers side)fender.

Drop me a line at. cuppm@tca.net

Rip

15. kjprince

kjprince Member

How's the hood?....mine had some bondo work sometime in the past and i need a new one. also the front head light assembles are needed too.

16. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

If you need the front headlight assemblies or a grille, I've got a complete front grille with headlights for FREE! The grill is in great shape with no rust or dents and the headlight assemblies have new adjusters and both lights work, except for the high beam on one side, but that's something you'll probably replace anyway. Oh, the grille has one broken weld nut on the drivers side top, but that's minor. If you want it let me know! I'd hate to see it go to the junkyard, and like I said, it's free if you want it.

17. AlbuquerqueC10

AlbuquerqueC10 Member

I could use the grill and headlights if they are the same as my '66 step side. I believe they are but am not sure. Do you know if they are the same?

18. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

To the very best of my knowledge the grille would be the same as yours since it came off of my '65 stepside. The grilles for '64, '65 and '66 were all identical. The grille isn't really anything special, it is painted, not aluminum or chrome. The grille is in excellent shape, except for what I mentioned before. I looked at it today and found that two of the rivets holding the brackets on the back of the grille behind the headlights have also been broken, but they can be replaced with pop rivets like I did on my '61 grille. If you want the grille please let me know--it needs a good home!
    --Russ