1952 Chevy Truck project

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by kg4mon, Feb 1, 2012.

1. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

Whew, didn't think it had be that long since I was last on here. I will try to post some pics of my truck project soon. (maybe today). I have come a long way since my last post. Been a couple of years now. The truck is driveable now. Put 700 miles on it last summer. If anyone remembers I had built a real hot 250 -6 cylinder with 3 deuces on it. It made great horsepower on the dyno, (275h.p. at the flywheel) but sadly not enough for me. so... I just got done swapping out to a 383 small block chevy that I built and it made 515 h.p and 505 torque at the flywheel. So it should be where I want to be. I'm working on getting the exhaust back on and getting the front end aligned next week. I also took out the straight axle and went with the mustang II front end. The straight axle just rode too rough with it lowered. Constantly hitting the bump stops. I've also started on some of the interior.

Just wanted to jump in here and say hi to everyone. Thanks Rick

2. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Looking forward to seeing photos!!

Damon

3. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

I just added a few more pics to the members gallery. Plus a couple of my newest project truck a 86 chevy. You know, can't finish one before you start another. :D

4. spika

spika Member

A 500+hp 383??? Now you're talkin'!!! That should turn some heads! Wecome back...gonna cruise on over to the picture section and have a look-:)

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Are you packing a parachute to help stop that bad boy?:D 275 HP out of a 250 ain't bad either! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Ken

6. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

No certainly not bad at all for a 6 but just didn't have the seat of the pants feel I'm used to. It should be a real tire shredder.