tail light / turn signal grief

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by lu, Apr 1, 2004.

1. lu

lu Member

Hello
    I just replaced the turn signal switch in my 63 C20.I think I hooked everything up ok at the crescent-shaped connecters. Problem now is my rear turn signals aren't in sync with the front ones - when right front signal is on, the rear left turn signal is on and when left front is on the right rear is on. Also my tail lights are burning bright as if the brakes are on. I have wired the drivers side rear light with the yellow/brown wire and the other side with the green/brown wire and then connected these up to the rear connector coming from the front. Also, when I was replacing the signal switch, I noticed that I had a brown wire coming from the horn button connected up to the green wire in the crescent connector ??. I don't think this is right. Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you!
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/406cae6505b45348.txt

2. unitedmech

unitedmech Member

I am by far no expert in the area of the turn signal electrical as I have not yet had to replace the one on my 64 gmc. But having said that it sounds like you were sold the wrong part. if you still have the old part compare it with the new one and "ring"it out that is do a contnuity check with a vom and see if the connections on the old match the new. again my suspesions is that it is not the same or wrong part. good luck
    :D