My 56 TF

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by oscarlovel, Jan 16, 2008.

1. oscarlovel

oscarlovel Member

Thought you might be interested in seeing my 56. Is now roadworthy and ready to be my daily driver. Just have to add A/C hoses, speakers for my radio and a glovebox. Has a 79 Camaro front clip with p/s, pdb, 350 SBC freshly rebuilt along with rebuilt TH350 A/T. New Driveshaft. All new American Autowire Highway Series 15 harness. Rearend turned out to be a 2.73 instead of 3.73 that the PO said it was. I'd be upset but with gas at $3/gal, I'm happier with the 2.73 gears! New driveshaft and all new brakes. Steel bed with bedliner, new guages and fresh paint. The paint was a weekend exercise. Truck is now a solid 10-20 footer. Will get to bodywork down the road and repaint. For now it's in BPS Tractor Enamel in Gloss White and BPS Truck and Trailer Hunter Green. Applied with Brush and roller. May wetsand and buff in a month or so. All in all, I'm happy and this has taken me about a year. BTW, never trust what the PO told you, even if they are a "professional mechanic". Check it out for yourself. My steering had a lot of slop at the centerlink to pitman arm junction. Got a new centerlink assembly and when I went to change it, I found no cotter pins in either the pitman arm or the idler arm junctions. God works in mysterious ways. Glad I had the slop, or I might have found out the hard way down the road. The last two shots are before I painted it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 4JSAToo

4JSAToo Member

Nice looking truck, lots of upgrades...
    Brush and roller job looks good too!:)

3. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Nice truck,
    But did you know that your front bumper is on up side down?

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sweet !

That's very nice , I see no need to re-paint , just keep on polishing and it should shine better & better .

Interior looks like alot of time spent on detail work too .

5. 283 man

283 man Member

Nice truck from one end to the other!!!!!

6. wadebert

wadebert Member

Howdy,

I need a front bumper and fender emblems for my 56 4400 truck. Have any good suggestions where I could get these parts?
    Thanks Wade ,Eldorado Ca