small block 350 carburators

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by bigblue350, Jun 8, 2006.

1. bigblue350

bigblue350 Member

does anyone know a good carburator match for a 350? i'm looking for something that can put out good power and still not chug gasoline.
    thank you

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

I'll assume you are talking 4 barrel.

Edelbrock 650 CFM.

3. chevy70perez

chevy70perez Member

what about a edlebrock 600cm what that do the trick. part #1406

4. JonathonPearson

JonathonPearson Member

carbs

cant go wrong with a holley 650

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

I am using 600 cfm carbs on my (2) 350 SBC's. (1) is a 600 Holley, the other a 600 Edelbrock. I am happy with both.

Unless your 350 is a racing motor that turns rpm's in excess of 6500 a 600 cfm is plenty big. You'de be surprised how many people put too big a carb. on their motors. The smaller carb will give a more crisp throttle response and thus be a better choice in regards to driveability.

Here is a link to a nifty on-line carb. sizing calculator: http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/CarbCFMCalc.html

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

4 BBL Carbys

As much as I dislike V-8's , it's a fact that the Rochester 4V carby gives good power and economy *if* you can keep your foot out of it .

As mentioned , 600 CFM's is a lot for a driver SBC .

No matter what carby you choose , you *must* learn how to properly adjust it so each venturi is balanced else it's stumble and suck fuel .

7. coilover

coilover Member

Nothing can beat what GM used, the Quadrajet. The tiny primarys give excellent economy if you keep your big foot off the pedal and the huge secondarys give a boot in the butt if that's your desire. A lot of people bad mouth them because the first year or so they had their problems but after that they are an excellent carb good for many trouble free miles.