1965 double-cab??

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Nic_Rebel450CA, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Nic_Rebel450CA

Nic_Rebel450CA Member

Does anyone have a pic of a 1965 Chevy or GMC truck with an extended or double-cab? I have seen ONE before, and that one looked almost like it would have been stock, however, I have never heard anything to confirm if this could possibly have been stock. That truck looked pretty lousy with the setup as the truck was all rusted, had stock wheels, and just about no paint left. I also didnt like the fact that it was a full double-cab (literally twice the size of a normal cab).

I am toying with the idea of doing a custom extended cab (not a double-cab) setup with my truck and would like a pic to play with.

2. cssreb

cssreb Member

Keep an eye out on Ebay. I have seen them several times. I hav also seen an Airport Limo version of the Suburban with 3 to 4 sets of doors. Pretty neat!!

3. smoov330

smoov330 Member

There was an article in Ithink Classic Trucks magazine and it was on the front cover. It looked pretty sharp.

4. gm61

gm61 Member

They did make them and they were stock, but there was only a handful made and they were made for the Railroad workers. I have seen a number of them in magazine articles and also have seen documentation from the body builders. Gm did not make the bodies, it was another body maker that did these. THey are around but becoming rarer as time goes on. HOpe this helps you.

GM61

5. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

[image] http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/52/df/97_1.JPG [/image]

Like this ??

6. guiness12pack

guiness12pack Member

That is a sharp looking truck! I thought 63 was the last year for the rounded front windshield? :)

7. onelow64

onelow64 Member

8. onelow64

onelow64 Member

WOW! sorry about how big that picture is. Sometimes I just don't understand how to do these computor things.:eek:

9. Nic_Rebel450CA

Nic_Rebel450CA Member

Ya, the 3-door is like the one I saw. I dont care for that look very much though because it is SO big. The truck that dvalentine posted is more like what I have in mind and looks great! I think I might do something a little bit different with the window, but pretty similar.

Thanks for the pics

10. delrio

delrio Member

This is not original right?

11. E Avery

E Avery Member

I know an international collector that has a 60 Chevy double cab 2 ton that I’m thinking of trading a 59 international for are these old double cabs worth anything

12. Ddewym

Ddewym Guest

65 3/4 ton camper special

Good morning,
    I was reading your response to another members question and thought you may be able to help me. I have inherited a 65 3/4 ton (C-20 ?.) My grandmother tells me it was ordered from the factory as a camper special(I'm not sure what was done to the truck to qualify it to be called this) and only 19 were made in 65.
    My questions are how can I find out if it is a camper special and, due to to many other projects, how much is it worth. I don't want to see it sit around and rust. The truck was ordered to have a 6 cyl but someone goofed and it was delivered to the dealer with an 327.
    Thank you for any time you can spare to send me information.