new electric wiper motor

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by alfonso, Nov 17, 2009.

1. alfonso

alfonso Member

Hi guys , I´m just bought a brand new electric wiper motor from classic parts. I want to know if you have any advise of the installation ,
    thanks
    Alfonso

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Tke out the speaker grille to get easier access. Don't invite the preacher over that night. lighn up a masseuse and a chiropracter.

Other than the impossible positions you have to achieve to get under the dash, the install is fairly easy.

3. coilover

coilover Member

You might could throw a battery up on the bench and give it a test run, lots easier than standing on your head. Be sure both the ground wire in the loom and the wiper body are gounded well or it won't return to the park position. With this "practice" run it might go easier under the dash. I seldom use an electric wiper but if it mounts like the vacuum unit you can always leave one mount screw in and sometimes both if the slots in the mounting ears are long enough. Makes it MUCH easier than trying to start the screws from scratch under the dash.

4. alfonso

alfonso Member

Thanks guys for the advises. I just want to tell you that in all the restoration process the worst part for me is precisely this one. I failed in three times to adapt vacuum wiper motor, at last, bought the electric one; and my back thanks for that!
    Alfonso

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Piece of cake!

Gee guys, what's up? Mine was easy to install! 15, 20 minutes tops. Of course it helped that the steering wheel was off, there were no gauges, speaker grille, or messy wires in my way!:D I feel for you Alfonso, but it will definitely be worth it when it's finished!

6. jasonmilsont

jasonmilsont Member

A Winding-sheet wiper Engine is the electric unit that abilities the movement of wipers across the surface of your window. It goes the wipers by transforming the power resulting from the car power supply into technical movement of the motor that goes the linked wipers.

7. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Funny guy

Well both the masseuse and chiroprakter are wellcome ofcourse to overhaul the body after a hard days work but a preacher might be handy to give you forgiveness after all the swearing that comes with this jobb :D:D:D

Good luck martinius.

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Chiropractor

I only wish Kaiser recognized Chiropractic Medicine ~ it's great and is just what I need , instead I'll go Monday after work and beg them to cut into my back....

9. Zig

Zig Member

Seriously?

I know your back has kept you from (a lot) of things, but you seriously are going to do the cutting thing? Our prayers will be with you if that is the way you decide to go. Back pain absolutely *sucks*!!!
    Best of luck, Nate!

10. ccharr

ccharr Member

I have been cut on twice and have metal in both the lower back and the neck. If the operation goes good the pain is gone with left over nerve damage that may come back but not likely. They took bone and marrow from my hip for the lower fusion and used dead guy for the neck fusion. Both of my operations did well and I went from needing a morphine drip to needing nothing for years. The operation last about 8 year’s and then things start to affect the joints around them.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sciatic Nerve

Yes ~ I gave up on the physical therapy as it got worse and worse....

If this doesn't get fixed soon one way or another , I want to die . it's that bad .

Apparently , there are two ways to approach it , one is fusing the vertibrae to-gether , the other is opening up the channel the sciatic nerve is in and scraping it wider .

Neither will be fun but I need an end to this carp , this is no way to live , lemme tell ya :mad: .

I'd sooner be in a wheelchair that suffer on like I am now .

No worries , I have faith both in God and kaiser even though they killed two of my buddy's wives through incompetence and screwed up my first Inguinal Hernia so badly it'll never be right nor stop hurting .

12. ccharr

ccharr Member

To help Sciatic Nerve not mess with you so much one has to move the wallet from the hip pocket to the front pocket or not carry one. There are really other ways for them to deal with the back, fusion has about 4 ways they do it, using hardware and different disc material going in from the back or into the front. The front way has more recovery time and pain/heal time. The scraping does not last as long and there are the shots of the patented Botox mixture that naturalizes the acid that leaks from the disc and the pain goes away or so I'm told. the shots were at one time 2 K a shot/visit. And then there is the 24/7 morphine drip, or other types of pain management programs.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Pain Relief

I've never carried a wallet in my back pocket .

To - day I had to work again , in the junkyard after some early AM Moto tune up works .

I nearly passed out in the yard from the heat , it's been near 100ð the last few days and I've been working in it .

On the way out of the yard (I hate dashbord repairs) I stumbled across a nice 197? CJ7 Jeep with L6 engine , it had *just* the special power brake vacuum fitting I've been hunting for ~ one 11/32" hose nipple and one for the vacuum gauge's hose , I rushed home and installed it so now I'm happy .

It's just an old Work Truck but I get all wrapped up in these little details .

When I climb into the cab of my truck , the time rolls back 40 years and the stress goes away for a while....

We'll see what Kaiser says , after the last few nights I'll take anything .

14. ccharr

ccharr Member

Driving the truck sure is a good anytime.

15. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A Man And His Truck

You're right about that ! :D .

It's been beastly hot in La La Land , at or over 100° F so of course , I drove my old truck windows open instead of the air conditioned Mercedes Benz Sports Coupe .

What can I say ? I drive what I like and to me , I like to drive old Chevrolet 6 cylinder Light Duty trucks .

I hope to talk them into taking the next step to - night after work....

Stay tuned .

16. Zig

Zig Member

Nate, reading all this has me wondering if Russ could throw an air bag system in your back? Want to sit down? he can get you within 3/8" of the floor. Hit another button and you're riding at stock level. Screw all them little bones anyway!

17. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I'm on it!

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Bagged

:D

Thanx fellas ! .