Maybe a little bondo??

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I had a little problem on the way to the county recycle place this morning with a load of trimmings from the oak trees in the front yard. The guy hit me from the right rear quarter just forward of the rear tire. He submarined and rolled me over.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gas spill, so the Fire Department foamed my truck.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I had just picked up 5 clean shirts from the laundry. I also clipped a white pickup through the chain link fence. When they pulled the Taurus away my truck rolled back onto the driver's side.
    [​IMG]

I'm 6'5". Don't know how I didn't hit my head. Years ago I put shoulder belts in the truck so Cathy would let me take the grand kids for rides. They worked great today. Just a skinned elbow.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. apoe

apoe Member

damn

that sucks.....

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Bill, thanks for calling earlier today. I don't think I could have gotten thru the pics without fore-warning. Looks like we need to go on a hunt to find you a new work truck! You got my number buddy, don't hesitate to call me!

Ken

4. Coach529

Coach529 Member

wow......that is horrible.

5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I'd make you an offer on your '50, but it's a garage queen.:D

6. ccharr

ccharr Member

Congrats for walking away and Good to hear you are okay Bill today, tomorrow you are going to hurt, and not just the elbow.
    That was a great looking truck sorry to see it leave that way.

7. Climberdad

Climberdad Member

Wow. Glad you are ok!!

8. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Bill,

So glad you're ok, and your tongue in check color commentary is truly classic.

So where do you go from here?

9. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Bill, So sorry to see your accident. Very happy You're OK. I've had several discussions about the seat belts for my truck, after which I decided to have lap and shoulder belts. You've confirmed the need, not that I need convincing. You could have just Told us we need shoulder belts :D If you find that you and Ken need a 3rd for something, I'm just 11 miles east of Magnolia. Get in touch.

10. Coach529

Coach529 Member

I am really curious how insurance will handle this.

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Holy mother of god !

Bill ;

I'm pleased to see you're still alive , expect some serious pains to begin ere long....

Was he drunk ? .

Ran a stop sign ? what ? .

Too bad about your rig , in the end it's only a truck , you'll build another , prolly better one .

12. JW 54

JW 54 Member

Man that sucks. Glad to hear your doing OK.

13. Wolf

Wolf Member

Wow that is scary Bill. I'm glad that you are ok. Sorry to see your BEAUTIFUL truck look like that, but glad to see you are just fine!!

14. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Shoulder is a tiny bit stiff. I was hanging upside down in the shoulder/seat belt.

Looked like he just wasn't paying attention. I was just starting a right turn into the recycle center from the right lane of a 4 lane + center turn lane road. He came up behind me fast and for some reason tried to bail out onto the grass on the right shoulder (there was no curb). Maybe there was someone in the left lane keeping him from going that way (speculation on my part). If he would have just hit me square in the rear there would not have been near as much damage to my truck.

15. Zig

Zig Member

God was keeping an eye on you, huh?

What a shame~ Not that God was keeping an eye on you, but your TRUCK!!! Holy cow! What now? You know you have to get another old truck, right? First, put shoulder belts in it and then drive it!
    Make Bill's another GMC...

All you ADers out there that don't have sholder belts... Just think if this was your truck. Would the doors stay shut? I'm not going to seriously drive mine until I have put some in.

Glad you're okay, Bill! Extremely glad!

16. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Holy Moly! Sure glad to hear you're ok, Bill. Sorry about the wreck and all the damage to you're truck. Just thankful that you weren't seriously injured. Being a fireman, I go to wrecks a lot... This one was bad as far as the damage done, but luckily no one was seriously hurt. I've seen wrecks where it appears there was only a fender bender, but someone ends up killed. Wow. I'm glad you put those shoulder belts in. I was going back and forth on it myself for the Sinclair Chevy project, but you just made the decision easy.

Damon

17. RagenRat

RagenRat Member

Chicago The Rust Belt Of The United States
    Wow!!!!

Wow!!!!
    Glad Bill is OK
    It's scary how fast life can change in a split second for better or worse :eek:

18. ccharr

ccharr Member

Welcome aboard RR, got photos?, enjoy the ride while here.

19. JW 54

JW 54 Member

Bill after closer inspection of those pictures I think you can buff most of that out. Except maybe that rear fender.

Hang in there, hope your not too sore.

20. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

I'm just glad you're ok!! You can always get another truck but there's only one you!!