Photos from chevy truck new storing facility.

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Blueflame236, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Photos chevy trucks new storage facility.

I remember we had a talk about shelters for our trucks a while ago. This is our new PVC shelter on the farm .Winter has come and i would like to show our new storage facility for my truck and my sons Quiksilver Micro airplaine , around 150 sqare meters more space is great to have. We want to make our repair shop in there aswell.What do you think ?

Martinius.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. coilover

coilover Member

That's neat, sure don't have to worry about the framework corroding. What is the load bearing rating for the roof/walls since you must get much snow. Very surprised to see your house is elevated above the ground. The floor must be well insulated. We used to "bank" the snow up to the window bottoms to keep the cold air from circulating under the floors. We call them Sport Planes and it looks like it would be lots of fun. My friend has a slightly bigger Thorpe that he loves to play with.

3. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome, Martinius! Looks like it's just in time, also!

4. 50 chevy 3100

50 chevy 3100 Member

that looks great, a storage heater and off you go

i would love something like that myself and your Chevy looks superb

5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Snow load bearing versus steel construction !

Evan

This construction should carry around 450 kg pr. square meter as the roof construction is inforced with extra triangel steel stenders from top to allmost bottem. The roof angle is quite steep aswell and the snow easely glides down to the ground. We have thought of putting some rubber floor mats or wooden plates on the ground to have a better working facility and a heating canon to keeping it warm when the winter temps get colder.

Martinius.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  6. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Hey Martinius, That's a nice building. Looks like you timed the installation just right too. Enjoy.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

' Soft ' Garage

Looks very nice to me indeed ! .

I hope it withstands winds well , that's my problem with my canvas carport ~ every few years we get 65 +MPH winds and the cover blows away.....:eek:

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER Member

Dig out a work area ( or the whole area) run heated floor tubes and pour some concrete. use a double 55 gallon space heater for shop heat and to heat the floor coils. You could use a small gas/electric water heater and recirculator for the floor tubes year round to keep away moisture too.

9. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Inventive solution.

Newfisher.
    Thanks you fore the suggestion , thats a inventive idea and i will talk with my son about it. We have thought of other solutions to like an air conditioner . An electric convertor/blower (cold air to warm air ) that needs litle modifications and is very effective and a stabile heating source in colder rooms .

Martinius .

10. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Frame work!

Good morning to you Nate.

We have inforced the construction with each 70 cm concrete blocks as shown to withstand the hard storms. Inside the shelter there are strapping brackets to tighten the PVC canvas.

Martinius.

Attached Files: