PCV valve pics

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by sloromon, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I'll be there in 4 weeks!

If it's a 261, i'll ship it directly to Nate. I don't have the technology to work on it.:D I will except 2-216's in return though!:D Or maybe a souped up 235!:D

2. sloromon

sloromon Member

*make fun of my dinky propane grill*

it aint the size of the grill, it's the passion in the sauce!! that's all i have, man! and yeah, it worked. the vacuum on blow deal was working, air was passing quite easily, but i could see a bunch of junk in there, and i figured why not. i was actually surprised at how much crap came out of there!! it just kept coming! anyway, now on to painting it and trying it out!!

jon

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Yeah, but...

The next time SHMBO says "Baby, grill me some boneless, skinless chicken breasts", are they gonna taste like Pennzoil HD30?:D Good job, Jon, now go get a real Grill. If you need advise, ask Chiro!:D :D

4. Chiro

Chiro Member

I'm working on building my new CHARCOAL grill even as you all type your fingers to the bone.:D It'll be plenty big enough to grill all manner of parts:rolleyes:

Andy

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Make Your OWN PCV Setup

Yes and yes ~ you canmake your own and it'll be better too ! place the PCV valve up top where it belongs and you'll have less oil loss and cleaner sparkplugs....

BTW : I had a _perfect_ , 100 % complete 1951 216 for years and years , I had a buddy make me up a nice wooden box stand thing for it as all the steel lines and etc. were simply perfect but I left it in his garage for too long and one fine day , he sold it . :eek:

Oops :( my bad , I shoulda kept it @ home I guess .

BTW : to-day I fired up the truck and drove it over to Home Despot in The South Bay where SWMBO bought a nice new 4 burner gas grille , I allready hooked it up and cooked off all the manufacturing grease then tossed a box of hot links on there for dinner , yummy .

There's not a lot of old white guys driving white AD pickup trucks around in South Central L.A. so I attracted lots of attention , esp. with my lovely lady riding shotgun and the big stainless steel BBQ standing up in the bed... :D

-Nate

6. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    And here I thought it meant..."Poly Vinyl Chloride". which is toxic to inhale...but never realized you could eat it safely!

Brit, seriously "Worstershire" is not considered a rub or Marinade in the states. You gotta get some 5 Alarm Atomic BBQ for the tougher cuts!

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Ttt

As some youngster recently taught me.....

Whatever happened to the engine Ken found ? .

I still have the nice gas BBQ My Sweet bought me 5 years ago , she decided she didn't like it told me to put it out for the SCRAP MAN , instead took it home where it waits patiently.....

Is Solomon still with us ? .

This is actually a pretty good thread and might be best used as a ' sticky ' , being loaded with good , clear 'photos & info .

8. fab51

fab51 Member

Is that draft tube like the one you have, Nate? Is the OEM one better than the system I "engineered"? :p

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

PCV System

Yes but , as long as you're not driving down dirt roads , you'll prolly be fine .

10. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Pictures

Hey Jon

Noticed that this setup have the PCV valve installed in a good way but where is the fresh air coming in ? Normally there is a tube niple going from the top of the aircleaner cover connected to a tube niple to the side of the rocker cover ? Is this missing in your setup?
    PVC = Pollution Controll valve

Martinius.

11. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Through the combination breather/oil filler cap in the valve cover.

12. sloromon

sloromon Member

i'm here! took some time off for a move, built a new house, had a baby. still driving the 'ol truck around though!

jon

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome home !

Did it hurt much , having the Baby Jon ? :rolleyes: .

I left that to my ex wife , she's gone , the Son remains :cool: .

I goofed ~ last weekend I was in my favorite P-A-P looking at a bone stock '67 C/10 with a 283 (?) and it had the screw in typ of PCV valve in the oil filler neck ~ I knew it was a hard to find item but didn't want to touch the nasty greasy old thing when I was there for interior parts.... :( oops .

14. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Thats why you always carry a grease rag......I'da thought you knew that.

15. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hey Jon, welcome home indeed! You still playing with fire? Let's see some pics of the little one, the truck etc!

16. sloromon

sloromon Member

Re: welcome home

Thanks guys! Hope i can still pop my head in here every once in a while. Still playing with fire, ken. Had some really busy seasons the past couple of years- was gone A LOT but made some coin. Now we're spending it all on diapers. My daughter's name is Nola Mae. She's 7 weeks old now and she loves two places- my shoulder and the ratty old bench seat of my 53. Calms her down every time. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Jon

**pics edit**

https://talk.classicparts.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3702&cat=500
    https://talk.classicparts.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3701
    https://talk.classicparts.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3700

pics of truck coming soon

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  17. sloromon

sloromon Member

trying to load pics of the truck...

truck is running, new cab is in progress - welded cab corners in and needs some TLC.

jon

Attached Files:

18. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Jon, she is awesome! Thanks a million for posting the pics of that little angel!

Ken:cool:

19. sloromon

sloromon Member

it's been so long i couldn't remember how to post pics at first, but i got it now.

jon