help needed for my new project

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Volker, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Volker

Volker Member

2. Climberdad

Climberdad Member

3. coilover

coilover Member

You aren't limited to the S10 14x6" wheels. Starting in 1957 the car wheels were 14 inch with the exact same 4.75" bolt pattern as the S10. All through the 60's the intermediate size GM cars used those wheels. Also the V8 Novas. The bolt pattern is right on the Corvette but I think they used the 15" wheel for all those years. I know the 14" wheels were used through 1970 because we have a 70 Olds 442 W30 in the shop right now with 14" wheels though they are the styled type. In the 60's they started using 7 and 8 inch wide wheels on the fancier models but the base models used the 6" for years IIRC. Do a craigslist and ebay search for 14" Chevy, Olds, Pontiac, and Buick and see what you come up with. I probably have some but it may be summer before I can get to them. If it freezes real hard (not likely) I can get to them in the winter.

4. Volker

Volker Member

Climberdad: I know bongo but they have shipping cost for 1 rim about $130 :eek: therefore i'm looking for help from privat persons

coilover: good information but i like it if i change parts they are new
    can you help me with more informationen for the front axle? have 6x14" with 4 holes (hole diameter 100mm) in front with 10 holes on the oute rims (front axle is from a chevette 1980 or so). Would like the rims with chromed hubcaps from chev's of the 40's. rear fits but in front not.

Again the question for help. i think the follow way is easy. i send the money to you, you buy the rim and send it to me to germany. it's from privat and i don't need an invoice. Info: i have to pay approx 30% tax and customs in germany if the invoice is higher as $100

Volker

5. coilover

coilover Member

If you get some exact measurements of the pilot hole (big one in the center) and from center to center on two holes opposite of each other I'll check out several suppliers we use. I don't work with 4 lug wheels much so really not up to date on them. The terminology one uses with the wheel people is to give the number of bolt holes and then the diameter of the circle they are on. Example (in inches) a 5 on 4 1/2 is Ford/Chrysler, 5 bolts on a 4 1/2 inch circle, 5 on 4 3/4 is old Chevy/Corvette/S10 and is 5 bolts on a 4 3/4 inch circle. I guess your wheels would be 4 on 100mm. A problem I see is finding wheels for a rear wheel drive because nearly all the 4 hole wheels are for front wheel drive unless one goes back to the old 6 cylinder Chevy II, Falcon, Mustang, Dart, or other cars of that era.