More HP

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by 48aero, Jan 12, 2013.

1. 48aero

48aero Member

I've been running a 4.3 v6 in my 53 pu and am now up grading to a 04 Chevy 6.0. It's tight but it's working. It's running now just some details to finish up. Can't wait to drive it. I also kept the 700r4 tranny.

Attached Files:

2. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Just the thing I'm interested in doing with my 50 Chevy 3100. Noticed the original firewall, tight fit, would you recommend a recessed aftermarket firewall? Any clearance problems with trans.? I've had my old Chevy since high school, (1975) and it needs front floor pans and lower toe boards so now would be the time to address it. I've got a million more questions for you, ha ha.

3. 48aero

48aero Member

I was wondering if I would get a response. I had to replace all the floor boards from the seat base forward. While I was at it I did the raised tunnel since I don't like the engine buried just so the floor boards could be flat. It all fits with stock firewall, but more room is always better. I had to move my radiator forward about 1 1/4 inches the clear my electric fan. Other than that, it fits. I'll be glad to share what I've learned. Jesse

4. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

When you replaced your floorboards, did you fab.-up your own or use "store bought" parts? I'm curious about Direct sheet metal parts, but was leaning toward the Dynacorn floor. I've heard the fit on Dynacorn is fantastic. If I would decide on total custom, I have access to a sheet brake and other tools. Wonder if a guy could just alter a stock toeboard and fabricate a tunnel in place of the factory trans. cover? I'll try to put up some photo's of my project, but, I'm not the most computer savvy.
    Thanks, Steve.

5. 48aero

48aero Member

My truck was pretty rusty not much left for patterns so I chose the easy out and got floorboards from out host. They were well formed and worked out fine. I did fab up my own tunnel. I did that part after the trans was in. Also had to replace cab corners and cowl bottoms. Only 2 things left on my motor change, a/c hoses and tv cable bracket for 700r4. Can't wait to drive it.

6. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Yeah, these guys are dealers for Dynacorn. Wasn't suggesting I would buy elsewhere. I just don't want to buy a $550.00 floor pan and then start cutting to much. What have you done to that 6.0 other than headers? Looks real good in the photos. I like the Chevy orange paint job. Curious about how to set one up without all the extra sensors. Someone told me you can get a control box for racing that eliminates everything but injection and spark timing. What do you think your HP is now? 10 bolt rearend gonna be enough? I'd like to see somemore pics of your truck interior, and all around. Sorry for all the questions, ha ha.
    Steve.

7. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

lets see more

hey guys dont hide here post more of your truck builds over on the 1947-1954 truck boards would like to see more of your trucks. and if you still have stock parts a lot of us are still looking for stock parts to hope to see you over there.
    Robert