Did Someone mention Discount??

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Flashlight, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Hi, I am looking to buy a new waterpump from our sponsor. Somebody not too long ago mentioned a discount code to enter with the order. Could you or someone let me know the code??:D

2. tims37

tims37 Member

Try stovebolt

3. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

I usually get an email and i checked my deleted folder (since '08). All i see was:
    • for Fall Savings use THANKS12 good for 10% off during month of November and
    • for Winter Savings use HOLIDAY12 good for 10% off until Dec. 26.
    Sorry they have expired and i don't know if they have any specials during the spring or summer. I'd say their discounts are only during their slow times. If i were them (and if they are listening) i'd offer a FATHER's DAY promotion so we don't end up with so many ugly ties and bad cologne. I'm just say'n. :eek:

4. Zig

Zig Member

Amen, Gypsy!!!

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Classic Parts used to be the main sponsor over at "The Stovebolt" website. I've used the "Stovebolt" discount code for about 4 years, it's always good for a 10% discount! Spring -Summer - Fall - Winter ..... it always works!

Good Luck... and remember, the more you buy, the more you save :rolleyes:.

6. 52wasp

52wasp Member

discount code

Hey Flashlight,
    As far as codes go, "stovebolt" worked for me. There was no expiration date on it, and the kind person at the other end of the phone conversation was kind enough to put it in my "account" so it would automatically come up on my NEXT order. Of course, I had just dropped almost $2K on parts, but still a nice gesture!
    Good luck!

7. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Thanks Mike and others.........I'll try Stovebolt for a code. 10% is not much but it will make shipping seem a bit more reasonable. I remember those $2000 days of my resto. Ouch!

8. Coach529

Coach529 Member

Great info.....thanks!!

9. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

plan ahead and $ave

My project was on a very tight budget and i knew it could not all be done at once anyway. So in order to save as much money as i could and still get the parts i needed, i prioritized the parts i needed and planned out my order of parts carefully.
    Our host (and others) ship for FREE when your order totals up to $350 (or other). Any parts needed over that, i just waited until i knew what else i would need next (and i had saved up enough paychecks). The savings on the shipping costs allowed me to buy more parts.
    Also, where there was an advertised sale, i was ready to take advantage of that savings as well. When it came to the over-sized items, suppliers don't usually waive any shipping charges, so i made sure all of those items needed were placed all in the same order when there was a sale on (luckily i didn't need many over-sized items).