All Metal body filler

Discussion in 'Paint & Body' started by mojo rising, Jun 2, 2009.

1. mojo rising

mojo rising Member

Anybody ever use this filler. A mechanic I know recommended it when I took a door in to get sandblasted.

2. T2vigil

T2vigil Member

I didn't know it was still on the market. I used it about 40 years ago and it was just about perfect for the repair of rusted sheet metal that had been sand blasted. The only issue was the zink chromate primer they required. But since I'm going to be in the sheet metal repair side of my 64 I will be using it again.

Terry

3. Dickson

Dickson Member

Metal2Metal is a good aluminum filled, non-water expanding filler available.

4. Tonawonda

Tonawonda Member

Metal 2 Metal

I've used it quite some time back. During the late 70's-early eighties Coleco pool used aluminum bottom rails with steel pool walls. the galvanic action between the two accelerated rust and from what I understand Coleco had to buy back a lot of above ground pools. I would definitily use an epoxy primer barrier that accepts filler prior to using the filler otherwise there could be galvanic rusting going on. I think using a plastic filler, letting it cure and then priming is just as good. I have filler that has been on for 40 years with no issues arising to this day.