New Hood Question (55)

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by gafcob, Aug 9, 2006.

1. gafcob

gafcob Member

I am getting ready to buy a new hood for my 55 3/4 pick up...Will the 57 hood fit as well as the new 55 hood/ gafcob2002@aol.com

2. bill55

bill55 Member

A 57 hood will fit a 55/56. Are you planning on buying one of those reproduction hoods? I purchased a fender and two doors for my 55 and I wish I had not. The doors did not fit very well and the fender I recieved was for a 57 not a 55. There is a difference in the two. The reproduction stuff is not the same guage sheetmetal as the originals and they are produced over seas. I would invest in a mig welder and fix your original parts with repair panels and even some those are not same guage either. IMHO the new reproduction parts are not worth the money and truck freight shipping costs when you end up cutting and welding on them anyway in order to get them to work. Just my 2cents.

3. gafcob

gafcob Member

Nice Truck Bill

I Like the 2 tone affect on the top. I was having problems with what I thought was my Fuel pump. It is Brand new. I pulled It apart ..it was loaded with Dirt..and all kinds of Crap. I pulled the Sender unit, and there was no Sreen at the end. All the crap was being sucked into the Fuel pump, and there for..Little or no fuel to the Carb. I looked in the tank,it didnt look to bad sludg wise, should I pull the tank? And what do i flush it with? Water? gafcob2002@aol.com

4. RustyEnglish

RustyEnglish Member

5. 19553600

19553600 Member

My truck is a 1955 3/4 ton with a 1957 hood

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      131.4 KB
      Views:
  6. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

the grill is a 55-56 grill
    They had to of grafted a 58-9 hood into a 55-56 Hood
    Original 58-9 Hood will not work with the single headlight years

Looks Cool tho allot of work but that is some nice work on that Hood!

Allen

7. BAM55

BAM55 Member

I completely agree. I had two new 55/56 fenders that were given to me. The fit was terrible. I ended up using them as patch panels to repair my original fenders. I don't know if it all aftermarket parts are the stamping on the pair I had but they were worthless.

There are a lot of 55/56 hoods out there for sale. I know I bought two of them on ebay. Both were under 100 bucks and they needed very little body work.