headers

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by 62 short step, Jun 4, 2005.

1. 62 short step

62 short step Member

Hi,Im new here ,I hate to get right to a quetion but here goes.I cant find any headers for my 62 chevy 1/2 ton.Thanks for any help.I hope that I can help others down the road thanks.

2. hotrod39

hotrod39 Member

hi there i have a 62 short step as well and am in the process of putting a small block motor in. if you happen to have a v8/auto combo Patriot exhaust products has what they call "Clipster" headers, they are a mid length header to avoid ground clearance problems. They have an online catolog at Pertronix.com i believe. any how, i do not own a set yet but i believe i will try them out. they say in their catolog they will fit but i don't know anyone who has tried them. just thought this could solve your problem. if i end up with them i'll post if they do indeed fit well. the part number they list is H8021 they claim it fits 1/2 and 3/4 tons from 55-65. jegs and summit both sell this header. there is pictures of them on there
    hope this is of some help,
    Scott

3. 62 short step

62 short step Member

Thanks for the info Scott I`ll check that out.Jeremy

4. drabo

drabo Member

I put a set of dyno max headers on my 1966 C10. They cleared by just a hare though. The old exhaust was removed and I had a new dual exhaust installed. From the headers back with dual glass packs and bow tie tips was $180.00 at the muffler shop. They do make a set of short tube headers that might bolt in place of the old manifolds. I think they are made buy Patriot Exhaust Products. Good luck.

Pete}>

5. 62 short step

62 short step Member

I did see the patriot short tubes they look like the stock manifolds.Thanks for the input Pete.Jeremy I'll probably go with those thanks alot!

6. drabo

drabo Member

Summit also sells a set. They might be cheaper.

Pete