Engine Bay Pictures

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by LDO, May 22, 2013.

1. LDO

LDO Member

Can we get some engine bay pictures going? I'm going to try and stab the motor & trans (283/TH350) in the wife's 57 and wanted to get some ideas on wire routing, etc..

Thanks!

2. LDO

LDO Member

Dang, really?

Nobody?

3. smfulle

smfulle Member

4. VELCRO

VELCRO Member

engine bay wiring

I hate wiring. If ya look on the tab "photos" you will see some pics of my truck, one of them shows the engine bay. It is the yellow truck under "florida apache".
    The wiring details are not real clear and since the pics were taken I have worked on the wiring some more and it looks a little better. I used our hosts wiring harness for the '58. It simplified the dreaded wiring job. My problems were made worse because I used VDO gauges and the after market turn signals. For me getting everything to work together was a nightmare. Did I mention that I hate wiring.
    I never did figure out how to wire the alternator to the harness, that problem was solved with a one wire alternator. One wire and it goes to the battery, somehow the amp gauge works.
    Actually, everything electrical works, even the 4 way flashers. Oops, the cab light doesn't work because I never ran new wires to it. Did I mention I hate wiring. Sooooo flustrating. Good luck with your project.
    Gerald in Florida

5. steve

steve Member

Keep it Simple

My goal was,

Plenty of parts, easy to locate, light weight overdrive, 200 R4, power steering and air, no big gas hound.

Got rid of the cat air cleaner went with duel stock type, no picture and replace rad from steel to alunimun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2013