What GMC Truck Guys Do!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

The real question is...who's having more fun playing in the sand! Good on you, Brian!

2. Wolf

Wolf Member

thanks fellas! No cats so far! I am going to build a cover this weekend! Yeah it's always fun to see the looks on people's faces. I usually get some one in a pickup at every other stop light roll down their window and ask me what year? Then say wow that's a big load for that! It's fun.

My son I think is enjoying the sand box more. Not sure though...;)
    He loves his "little blue truck". He just smiles points and says truck when he sees it!

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.................................... ...

Ho Hum ;

Another unrestored Generous Motors Corporation truck out and about , working as usual , making those " super duty Brand 'F' " rigs look foolish .

So , what else is new ? :p .

It's been many a decade but I still remember my sandbox and the fun and imagination therin :) .

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks fella's It sure is fun to use these trucks. I always get a kick out of people doing a double take seeing what I have in the back. My son though it was fun to see me drive the truck in the back yard too;)

5. Wolf

Wolf Member

Zig Rattle Can anyone??

So I painted my truck! Yes I painted my truck.:eek: Not to worry it was Matte Clear:cool: I just got the front done, everything except the bed.

I started off with a green scotch pad and some CLR mixed with water. Then washed it, then got some acetone and did a wipe down. Then went after it with some rattle can matte finish clear. All went fine except the end of one can when I was doing my drivers door decided to dry before it hit the paint! Yeah it was warm and windy. So I have a few hazy streaks, but hey it adds to the character.

My main goal here was to keep the surface rust from becoming a problem, as my truck sits outside now. Really all you can tell is that the rust color is less, thanks to the clr, and the color is darker and more uniform, thanks to a bath. So here are the "dramatic" before and afters;)
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Coach529

Coach529 Member

Looks great!!

7. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks Coach! I was inspired by your thread and how you cleaned up your truck. I didn't have as much paint left on mine so I wanted to get some "protection" on that bare metal.

8. Makin' Memories

Makin' Memories Member

Glad to see a good ol' truck doing the work it was built for! :)

9. markcp

markcp Member

Love the patina it is wearing.

10. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Looks sharp... great work!!

Damon

11. ccharr

ccharr Member

Looking Good Brian,

Really glad you are keeping my favorite working AD looking good. May have to get some of that stuff and spray mine.

Charles

12. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks fella's! I still have the bed to do. Was hoping to do it this weekend but that didn't even come close to happening. Maybe this next one.

A fun story for ya'll. I was out working in the yard last night and a guy stops by. "Is your truck for sale?" I said for a crazy amount yes it is but I won't tell ya the price as it will be very high.
    I was testing him to see how interested he was. He was bummed but I asked if he wanted to check it out. So he got out and we had a good 15 min conversation. Popped the hood and sat in it.
    Just so much fun to me that a total stranger will stop by and have a nice conversation. Never would have happened if it weren't for this truck. They just have a way of bringing out the best in people.

13. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Wood for the coming winter.

I love the action pics you make. Remember the one With the X-mass tree in the back of Your truck and it seems your a practicall guy to.That firewood burns well the coming winter. In about a year or so the litle fellow can help you out With doing things together With his dad and mom as its the period in there litle fellow life when they start walking around to discover the playground better.Pushing buttons on the stereo and grease the Food all over on there face you know. A funny time i remember. My son John played he whas the Bathman , dressed all up in his costume he flew right through the porch door and brook the glass but meraculous he whas`nt hurt.bad.Still has the mark in his forehead.

Having kids is fanstastic enjoy it while you can , they become teenagers so fast Martinius.

14. Zig

Zig Member

The power of an AD! ;)

15. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Member

woooooowie, lookin good

16. Wolf

Wolf Member

Well it was sunny and a beautiful 75 out yesterday afternoon so I pulled out a tree we planted last year that didn't make it. 3 out of 4 were great. This one started out great then all of a sudden gave it up. So I figured I would get my son now 2.5 to help me pull it out with the "blue truck"

So we drove it in the back yard, he thought that was great. He sat on my lap as we idled along "driving" me back there and then back to the driveway. Hooked up the tree and put it in granny low. Trust me with that 5:14 its low;) Pulled it right out.

Anyway enough talk more pics;) Not bad for an old iphone 5. Just don't compare to other actual photographers here;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Member

those are some good pictures. i need a rear bumper. i see yous looks like a
    4x4 metal or wood?

18. Wolf

Wolf Member

That rear bumper is a fun story. It is a home made one that the farmer I got it from used as an air tank. There is a small connection on the side.;) Its thick and heavy. The welded plate for the hitch is 3/8 to 1/2 thick steel.

That building infront of my truck is my sons "fort" Still have to get him ladder/ramp to get up to the top level. He of course helped me build that as well;)

I hope I never see this but I can't imagine what a new car today would look like running into the back of me...

19. SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt Member

thats a cool bumper but an ever cooler fort.
    i was a fort kid. always makin forts and "hide-aways" outside. then started makin tree houses. i was never a video game kid. maybe thats why im always outside using my hands makin stuff.
    of course i had a sand box too

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  20. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks! He loves his fort. He plays on the bottom level all the time. I got up to the top and bring him with me and he loves that too. Its hard getting him inside many nights;) Of course I'm out there with him and maybe its hard to get me to come in as well.