65 C10 Door Mirror & update

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by davidrw, May 15, 2013.

1. davidrw

davidrw Member

Thanks to Rich 5150 69 the passenger door mirror is fitted. The pictures were very useful thanks. Access via the door panel was tight so removed the window riser and quarter light vertical and tightened those mirror bolts up easily.

Truck is all done now, unless i can something else to do :D Oh still got that fuel gauge to replace, one day!!!

First trip in her was to an american car show, a round trip of 240 miles. Didn't miss a beat, she ran perfectly. It also blow the cobwebs out and decoked the head as i now have nothing showing from the exhaust pipe when i start her.

Below are pictures of her now. The final one at a local car show last weekend.

Thanks for all your help guys, best wishes.

Attached Files:

2. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

Thats a sweet looking truck dave, glad all is well, have you tested the gas gauge to see if it works, or is it the sending unit, wiring, or ground issue...?

3. davidrw

davidrw Member

Hi Rich. Thanks for your comments.

Regarding the gas gauge, the sender unit is new & the correct ohmage (is that a word!!), ground is good. The current gauge reads half full when the tank is empty. I do have a new gauge to install, just nervous about taking the instrument panel out and all the springs flying out (sic). However I will get to it eventually.

4. kathylee

kathylee Member

you would not happen to know where we can get used doors for 63 chevy c10 stepside in good condition would you we are in georgia

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good Doors

Go out into the farm country and look for those BIG trucks ~ they used the same doors as yours , being up higher they're rarely rusty , just have myriad holes from all the mirrors over the years .

6. davidrw

davidrw Member

Hi Kathylee

Sorry can't help in your search for '63 C10 doors, i'm across the Atlantic from you in England. However I wish you well in your search.

Listen to Nate he really knows his stuff.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yep ~

Because I saw an old truck in a Magazine once :D .